Clueless losing the plot

kippaxwarrior

Team supported
City of course!!
Hughes fears effect of Hodgson timing

Mark Hughes fears West Brom will take their eye off the ball

QPR manager Mark Hughes is a "little disappointed" that the Football Association chose to appoint Roy Hodgson as England boss in the midst of the relegation run-in.

Hodgson, 64, was named as Fabio Capello's successor on Tuesday, but will remain in charge of West Brom for the final two games of the Premier League season.

The Baggies' first match since the news broke will be Sunday's trip to Bolton, who sit in the relegation zone on goal difference.

QPR are level on points and in the place immediately above them and manager Hughes, while happy for Hodgson, is unhappy with the timing of the announcement.

"It is a great opportunity for Roy and I am really pleased for him," Hughes said ahead of the Hoops' match with Stoke. "He has paid his dues, had a fantastic managerial career and I am sure he will do exceptionally well. I was a little bit disappointed that it came out this week. I felt people could have possibly kept it under wraps until all the league games were out of the way and all the issues that needed to be concluded were finalised.

"But that hasn't been the case, it has come out early and I hope that it won't have an impact on West Brom's performance. I would like to think they will go and work exceptionally hard for their manager, who has done a fantastic job for them and I am sure they will.''

Asked if he thought Bolton would have a slight advantage as a result, Hughes added: "Well, you don't know until the game takes place. As a home side, you would anticipate that they would feel it is a big opportunity for them as we do being the home side in our fixture.

"It is about getting the job done yourself and we can't worry too much about what everybody else is doing at this point. If we get three points at the weekend, we will have done our job and can look ahead to the Man City game.''

While focusing on victory against the Potters, Hughes admits he did sit down to watch Wanderers' clash with Tottenham earlier in the week. The match was Bolton's game in hand on their relegation rivals but the Reebok Stadium clash ended 4-1 to the visitors.

"I put myself through that,'' Hughes said. "I think everybody at this time of the season deals with it in different ways. I was of the view that I needed to sit through it and take it in and deal with it.

"From our point of view, had Bolton won that game it would have made it more difficult for us. But that didn't happen so we've got somewhat of a lift as a consequence and that obviously helps to make the game on Sunday so huge.''

All seems pretty amicable between WBA and Hodgson, and I think both team and manager will want to end on a high. Leslie-not everyone has the integrity of a rag (you twat).

He was by far the most ridiculous excuse merchant of a City manager since Alan Fucking Ball. He is the same way wherever he goes. I so don't like him. Bobby should not shake hands with the clueless one.

Ideal scenario would be to batter QPR in the last game 6-0, therefore winning the title on goal difference and sending clueless down on goal difference....

Rammy Blue said:
Ideal scenario would be to batter QPR in the last game 6-0, therefore winning the title on goal difference and sending clueless down on goal difference....

I could live with that.

Rammy Blue said:
please let this be true!!!

Bilboblue said:
zeven said:
Rammy Blue said:
please let this be true!!!

wouldn't like to see Shaunny go from the Etihad like that.

So very true. Shaunie could do a job for a team like West Ham who lack any and all sorts of width. I almost feel bad for Fernandes; if you gave Mick or Martinez this kind of money to keep a team up thered be no problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.