Coffee Beans

The vast majority of coffee produced in Vietnam is Robusta so 'strong' in the sense of earthy and bitter is accurate. Its why Vietnamese coffee is customarily filtered (with a phin filter) over condensed milk.
Not only strength of 'flavour' but also caffeine. Robusta has around twice the caffeine content of Arabica.

There are a good number of roasters around Manchester; Mancoco, Ancoats Coffee Co, Heart & Graft, Blossom etc. My personal favourite in the area are Django Coffee Co.

Outside of Manchester, I order frequently from a smaller roaster- Jolly Bean Roastery (in Saltire)- the coffee is very reasonably priced for the quality.
Swansong are a brilliant Manchester roaster too.
I also use Origin (love the Cornish link), Harmony, Hasbean.
The vast majority of coffee produced in Vietnam is Robusta so 'strong' in the sense of earthy and bitter is accurate. It’s why Vietnamese coffee is customarily filtered (with a phin filter) over condensed milk.
I do love a Vietnamese coffee every now and again.
Coffee flavoured liquid fudge:)

Not only strength of 'flavour' but also caffeine. Robusta has around twice the caffeine content of Arabica.

Indeed!

Swansong are a brilliant Manchester roaster too.
I also use Origin (love the Cornish link), Harmony, Hasbean.

I do love a Vietnamese coffee every now and again.
Coffee flavoured liquid fudge:)

I've not tried Swan Song, I'll have to give them a go!

There are a good number of roasters around Manchester; Mancoco, Ancoats Coffee Co, Heart & Graft, Blossom etc. My personal favourite in the area are Django Coffee Co.

Outside of Manchester, I order frequently from a smaller roaster- Jolly Bean Roastery (in Saltire)- the coffee is very reasonably priced for the quality.
Thanks for the tip re Jolly Bean. Mrs KS is a coffee aficionado so my next present is sorted. We visit Salts Mill regularly, so we can pick up beans while we are there. Incidently, I had no idea about their tie up with Salt brewery; now that’s my bag. If you are ever in the area, visit the Hockney exhibition “The Coming of Spring” at the Mill. Restricted opening times, so check. It is an astonishing work created on a IPad.
Hockney, beans, beer in one fell swoop.

Last edited:
This made laugh this morning when I saw the time it was posted. I would have thought you had better things to be doing fifteen minutes into a football match.
Also, Illy?

A bit too industrial and mass produced for my liking. Relatively cheap, and an effective caffeine delivery system, but there is way better coffee out there for not a lot more money. Fresh roasted, I'm sure they'd be fine, but beans are potentially >6 months old when the reach the supermarket shelves and way past their best.

My go to is usually Taylors Hot Java but I do like to buy from smaller independents when I get the chance. We are going to Saltaire on Sunday, never been before but will check out Jolly Bean.

For a while bought Grumpy Mule which I think was fairly local to me in Macclesfield but haven’t seen it anywhere for some time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.