Cole Palmer

Sterling has looked better on the right this season and is probably the player likely to play over Palmer. Nkunku is injured and the rest, so far at least, don't look anything special. Guardiola also has a tendency to use less subs than Chelsea and Palmer is likely to get more opportunities from the bench there.

He might not be a regular at Chelsea but I doubt he'd play less there than here (probably more) and will get a much bigger financial package.

Ok, let's revisit this and see how it goes.

Palmer made 25 appearances for City last season. That's with a fully fit high quality squad most of the season, Mahrez here, and spells of injury that many argue had been what has really kept him back.

Lets see if he gets that at Chelsea. And then lets see if he becomes a regular.

Really wish Cole all the very best (except against us), without doubt has the talent but for me, I’ve always just been waiting for him to mature in his game, have more confidence and take on more responsibility, in that respect I’ve always thought of him as a ‘late developer’, hopefully this move will bring some of that out in him.

To be fair, apart from Rico’s stint last season, I think Pep has given Cole more opportunities than any other youth player, and he hasn’t really proved himself good enough to be a starter or to have loads more game time.
They see him in training every day, and have decided to sell him to a potential rival. That says a lot. It might be a huge cock up, but every time we sell a young player, everyone cries out that it's a mistake. Have any of them been yet? Garcia, Porro and Diaz are the only ones you could say left and are now playing for top level clubs, and even then, I don't think anyone would be crying out for us to resign any of them.

I presume we didn't get any sell on %? I always thought he was a bit light/ gangly and would be interesting to see what he's like if he filled out a bit. We'll see that but in a different blue shirt I guess. Polite respect when he returns on match day and good luck to him.

They see him in training every day, and have decided to sell him to a potential rival. That says a lot. It might be a huge cock up, but every time we sell a young player, everyone cries out that it's a mistake. Have any of them been yet? Garcia, Porro and Diaz are the only ones you could say left and are now playing for top level clubs, and even then, I don't think anyone would be crying out for us to resign any of them.

Indeed.

I can remember when we sold Denis Suarez (not even an academy lad) and people moaned.

The reality is most of these players won't make it and the fees we get will from the majority will make up for the one world class player in the 100 average top flight players that we let go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.