Cole Palmer

Thing is when a player wants to play - particularly a junior player - and someone offers the club and him decent money so he wants to go and we are compensated for our input into him over the years then let them go rather that sulk at City. Even before Pep came I was always of the same mind as him if a player doesn't want to be there for whatever reason let them go on the best possible terms you can get rather than have someone moping about the changing room. Always the best way. Cole is no different to all the other academy products we have let go and I wish them all a good career in the game.
Also teaches players to not call the managers bluff.

"Make me a starter or I'm gone"

Bye then.

Not suggesting this is what Cole did btw, just an additional bonus of this philosophy.

Palmer joined us as an 8 year old kid and worked hard enough to work his way up through the academy teams to first team. I don't think him liking United should have any bearing on his time at City. I don't understand blues who castigate him a rag for wearing a United shirt as a toddler, he liked Rooney, so what, i liked George Best as a youngster because he was exciting to watch and a great player as was Rooney, although i never got excited watching Rooney, tbf; )

Rag.

I very nearly was mate, that's if my sister had got her way and took me to OT when i was 5 or 6. Good job my dad heard her mad idea and took me to Maine Road soon afterwards. I bloody cursed my old fella though several times over the years of making me a blue, especially after travelling home from away day thrashings, and as older blues know, there were many painful moments over 35 years or so.

I remember being in the Kippax aged about 12 or 13 in *78 or 79 all teary-eyed seeing a dominant Liverpool score a 4th to give us yet another another thrashing. My dad put his arm round me and said - "don't worry son, it won't always be this way". I looked at him and he had a glint in his eye that he knew something, like he was a bit of a clairvoyant or something.

He died in 2004 so we only got to see City win the 76 league up whilst he was alive. I hope he's looking down with that 'told ya so' look in his eyes. Miss you dad x

*78 we got beat 4-1 at home and 4-0 at home in 79. And don't get me started on all the thrashings United gave us home and away: (

Last edited:
This is a silly statement.
Kelechi didn't ask for " more playing time or I'm off"
Leicester put in a bid and Kelechi, Leicester and ourselves came to an agreement.

Iheanacho never sulked or let us down.
I agree. I think he most likely left(on good terms) because he didn't want to try and play 2nd fiddle to Aguero, especially after Kun scored 33 in 16/17 which was his most prolific season for us. Kelechi has been a decent striker since he left but never been a regular or prolific scorer for Leicester so in hindsight it was the right move for him, and us.

It's far to early to predict how Palmer's career will pan out but so far so good, and I'm pleased for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.