Cole Palmer

Out of 22 goals (24 if we count the two City goals) and 12 assists.

Salah has scored 5 penalties (of 17 goals) and I don’t see anybody holding that against him.
Mane still does ;)

Surely it depends who you compare Cole to. Without the penalties, he'd be up there with our better players this season, but wouldn't stand out quite so much. He's so far ahead of most of his teammates, that it's likely he's become the focal point for attacks. If it's "give it to Cole", then that makes a difference that maybe he wouldn't have at City.

Still - the guy is on absolute fire at the moment, and from what I hear, the Premier League needs a bit of competition for City, so maybe we consider it charity work.

The only possible silver lining is Bobb looks just as good. Pep needs to give him enough game time for him to stick around though.
Bobb has impressed, but to claim he looks just as good FFS. Palmer is top scorer in league FFS, 25 goals all comps and has best combined goals and assists

Last edited:
Bobb has impressed, but to claim he looks just as good FFS. Palmer is top scorer in league FFS, 25 games all comps and has best combined goals and assists
Palmer is joint top scorer (well, actually, second in the scoring charts because Haaland has one fewer appearance for the same goal tally).

But I agree that Bobb has not yet proven himself to be better.

And there is no need to look for a silver lining to Palmer leaving. It was a good deal for all involved.

Palmer went to a team that would give him the freedom to do what he wanted in games, against sides that would play aggressive, open football against his team, playing to Palmer’s strengths, without the need to focus on the non-attacking side of the game.

City got a great transfer fee for a yet-untested young player that wanted a starting role (which Pep could not guarantee) and so wanted away, freeing a path for players like Bobb to be able to develop as Foden did.

I remember when Damocles said this about Saka and Palmer. :)

"Smith-Rowe is going to be better than both of them put together but as a friend of mine says, y'all ain't ready for that conversation yet."

Cole has become a far better player than most of us expected, fair play to him, it’s not an exact science who to sign and who to sell,every team drops bollocks but no blame from me.

Salah has scored 5 penalties (of 17 goals) and I don’t see anybody holding that against him.

I hope you get 100 mil from Real when they come calling and I think they will.

I think it's more the sheer number of penalties that Chelsea have had this season. You're only 2 off the all-time PL record and you still have seven games to play. Fair play to the guy, he's been brilliant all round and great at penalties too. But from a City perspective, we think about what he would have done if he stayed, and even if he performed equally well, he's not taking penalties for us, so we're looking at 11 goals and 9 assists. Still a fantastic return for a young player, but realistically, that's not getting you in our team ahead of Foden, De Bruyne or Bernardo, so we were never going to be able to offer him the sort of free role that Chelsea can. It was the perfect move all round, and I don't get why anyone can be sitting top of the league and still on track for a second treble, bemoaning us letting a player go.

Can I just say also, how shit are Everton's defence? That fourth goal was pathetic. Fail to stop the cross, which is relatively aimless and ends up behind Jackson. Then despite having three players around him, he has time to bring it down, swivel and shoot. And supposedly we're being linked with one of them ffs.

Also who was the penalty on? Was it for the first challenge on Palmer, because there's no way that second challenge by Tarkowski(?) was a pen?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.