Cole Palmer

He is only standing out as Chelsea are so poor this season. Even Sterling is looking a lot better.

The West Indian renaissance in the West End.

The club developed a fantastic prospect in Palmer who was on the cusp of becoming a regular squad player. He would have got a fair bit of game time this season, but for whatever reason (I suspect his agent wanting a slice of the cake) HE chose to go. We got a good chunk of money for him, so it's no real loss financially.

Personally I think he may not have had the temperament to achieve his potential at City as I think he's got a lot of growing up to do. I'm not sure the bright lights of London are going to do anything to help him in that sense, but maybe he'll knuckle down and forge out a career at the top of the game, just not at City.

Pep said it best on SSN earlier. Wished him well then qualified it with had he stayed we wouldn't have Doku.
Yep; Doku has been excellent for us. Apparently, there's a very good article by Jonathan Northcroft in the Sunday Times about Doku reviving the lost art of dribbling (behind a pay wall, unfortunately)....

Screenshot_20231112_122413_Chrome.jpg

He is top quality player and I didn't want him to go but pep told him Mahres is going you'll get more chances but he still Said I want to leave! Tells me he knew he was getting a massive contract on treble the money! We could have told him you have 3 years left on your contract your staying! I'll bet if we offered him a new 6 year contract on what he is on now at Chelsea he would have stayed!

I'll judge him at chelsea end of next season! The way he is going stat why's he should be on 20/25 goal involvement after one full season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.