Cole Palmer

Yes they’re enjoying the “one that got away” narrative, just like we all did with KDB and Chelsea. It’s a good story.

He deserves all the praise though, what he’s doing is genuinely spectacular.

He’s still got a way to go though, and he’s still just 1 player in a crap team, so wasn’t surprised he had a quiet game today, although that one moment when he left Rodri for dead and got a good shot away was nerve wracking.

He has a ways to go in his overall play. He showed quite a few times tonight how he contributes to Chelsea’s woes this season, despite his excellent attacking contributions (leaving out penalties).

I am not sure he will actually become a better player at Chelsea. I think he needs to go somewhere that requires him to work on all aspects of his game, not just his strengths.

Those other aspects to his play are the primary reasons he was never going to get the minutes he demanded if he stayed with City under Pep (even if he was willing to give Palmer more minutes than last season). To be honest, I am not sure he has the drive to improve them and become a more complete player, regularly competing for team honours, as Foden has.

Which, is no slight on him, really — he wouldn’t be the first youth player to want to focus on being an impressive individual, rather than an accomplished teammate. There is a career to be had in that.

I just think it is a waste of immense potential.

He has a ways to go in his overall play. He showed quite a few times tonight how he contributes to Chelsea’s woes this season, despite his excellent attacking contributions (leaving out penalties).

I am not sure he will actually become a better player at Chelsea. I think he needs to go somewhere that requires him to work on all aspects of his game, not just his strengths.

Those other aspects to his play are the primary reasons he was never going to get the minutes he demanded if he stayed with City under Pep (even if he was willing to give Palmer more minutes than last season). To be honest, I am not sure he has the drive to improve them and become a more complete player, regularly competing for team honours, as Foden has.

Which, is no slight on him, really — he wouldn’t be the first youth player to want to focus on being an impressive individual, rather than an accomplished teammate. There is a career to be had in that.

I just think it is a waste of immense potential.
Not sure you can criticise any player for how they play in the basketcase Chelsea side. He is making a brilliant contribution to their side and is fulfilling his potential. He may need to move on if he wants to win and play at the very top level. He will probably not get the same freedom at that new club as he does at Chelsea but he would probably be given a key role in the same way that KdB was at City.

Was fucking class to be honest
He had one good moment that was well saved by Ortega. I also recall him stealing the ball from Stones very early on in the game. I honestly cannot recall that much else but having said that, I wasn’t looking out for him from a neutral eye. Where the BBC had him as MoTM, I have no idea. For me it was KDB, from his 120 minutes on Wednesday to another excellent performance today.

He's already outshone Raheem whose decline was summed up today. Hes made the kind of start Haaland did last year, should be fascinating to see how both perform next season!

When you watch Forest, everything good goes through Morgan Gibbs-White. Doesn’t mean he’s breaking into City’s first team.

Good luck to the lad. He’s a big fish now, in a rather smaller pond.

The situation is ideal for him as his manager gives him free reign, essentially builds the attack around him, and teams generally don't respect Chelsea so he gets to play in a lot of space.

Things could change significantly if a new manager comes in.

It's Poch so it's basically

Kane & Son FC +9
Neymar & Messi FC +9
Palmer & Jackson FC +9

Yes they’re enjoying the “one that got away” narrative, just like we all did with KDB and Chelsea. It’s a good story.

He deserves all the praise though, what he’s doing is genuinely spectacular.

He’s still got a way to go though, and he’s still just 1 player in a crap team, so wasn’t surprised he had a quiet game today, although that one moment when he left Rodri for dead and got a good shot away was nerve wracking.

That looks very impressive.
A few more games and he will move up even further

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.