Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slagging off Blues who will watch a City match come what may is fucking cunts’ behaviour. I will be going but will not be slagging anyone off who decides not to, and I fully support the reasons behind that. But stop being sad cunts having a pop at people who take a different view. Sad and pathetic, “oooh you didn’t agree with the majority view, you’re a scab etc”
I bet there aren't many Blues who already knew they were going has decided, 17:30 ko sod that not going now!

Kids want to go to the game, having never seen City at Wembley. It's in the summer hols so a late night back won't affect school. There'll be plenty of tickets and I'm not working the next day. We're going. It's too good an opportunity to Miss for a family day out.
Spot on, me too

Great opportunity to take my lad.

Always been a bit wary if playing Rags or Dippers but a game against Arse, cheapest tickets you'll get to see City at Wembley and in the Summer hols.

That CL final next year at Wembley,

20:00 on a Saturday night!!!

Fucking disgrace.

At least all those who will be boycotting should we get there will enable the likes of me and many more the chance of getting a ticket :-)

People are conflating a lot of issues here. As I see it many fans are also pissed off with the changes of fixtures all to suit TV. Is the game on a Friday, any one of three times on a Saturday or Sunday and maybe a Monday evening. Fans can’t plan anything in advance in terms of travel and accommodation if required because we have to wait for Sky et al to announce which games are going to be played and when. Invariably these announcements are delayed for a variety of reasons. The Community Shield is, when all is said and done and pre season friendly with slightly more importance attached to it than other friendlies. It’s only in recent times that it has been shown live, such little importance was paid to it. To play a game with two London sides at 5.30 on a Sunday would have been stupid, to do so with one teams whose fans have to travel the best part of 200 miles is yet another huge slap in the face for fans. If we continue to let the FA, PL etc treat us like shit they will do so. Limiting away tickets to £30 was because of fan pressure wasn’t it. Wonder how the Arse fans would react if the game was at the swamp on a Sunday at 5.30. I doubt whether they would be delighted and talk about selling 35k.
Absolutely correct. All this about following City through thick & thin etc etc is missing the point. IMHO its about how much us fans can take before saying 'enough is enough'. Sunday 1730 KO for what is basically a friendly is ridiculous. What fecking planet are they living on ?

I get the train to every match I go too, like a drink on way, part of the experience. I don't agree with the kick off time. But I can stay over with family I have in London if I want, I can probably blag a get a lift back if I want. But on principle and to support everyone who can't I will boycott this match.

People keep equating the Champions League final scheduled for 8pm on a Saturday evening with the Charity Shield at 5.30 on a Sunday.

Are we going to boycott a 8pm on a Saturday? No, because they're different days so completely different circumstances. In the same way I'm not going to complain about a 3pm kick off on a Saturday but might find 3pm kick offs on a Tuesday (for example) a little problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.