Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

Halfpenny said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
It's easy for those twats who didn't spend their hard earned money and time today to say 'it means nothing, move on'. For those of us who went, it simply wasn't good enough. We didn't even get to see Aguero.
I did, and I'm happy to say it means nothing. It was a good day out regardless of the result. Bring on Swansea next week now.

Good day out? We just lost to United at Wembley. It has been a truly shit day.

MotownBlue ...Your spot on with this.
MotownBlue said:
PATHETIC.

I am CTID, of course, but that was INEXCUSABLE. I don't want to hear any bollocks about "it's just the Community Shield", either. If we had won, we'd all be thumping our chests and declaring war on Sir Baconface and his troops.

We came out flat as a pancake in the second half and paid for it dearly. I am gutted. This should have NEVER ended this way. What the fuck was Vinnie thinking? Need a better moment than that when it's all green between you and the keeper.

Gutted. Gutted. Gutted. TYPICAL CITY.

This shit needs to stop. No, I am not over-reacting. 2-0 at halftime should have been enough.

Johnsonontheleft said:
Halfpenny said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
It's easy for those twats who didn't spend their hard earned money and time today to say 'it means nothing, move on'. For those of us who went, it simply wasn't good enough. We didn't even get to see Aguero.
I did, and I'm happy to say it means nothing. It was a good day out regardless of the result. Bring on Swansea next week now.

Oh quit moaning.

Re: Why the slagging off of Mancini's tactics?

bluemonday said:
Did we drop 3 points?
Did we really lose anything?

No, it was as important as beating Inter the other week. As is, not.

We lost a minor trophy and a chance to win them easily, to win them for a second time (Since Sven's days). They are our main rivals, i can't take it but seriously.

What hurts me is that for them it's so easy to win us in cup, league cup or league games and now they did it in another kind of game. Easily!! Another last minute winner. Players don't seem to learn from these, Roberto insists; "This is a football", thank God some fans care.

Did anyone see the old bloke in the queue for the trains trying to jump the fence and getting stuck.

Two policemen had to come and help him get over.

Fucking hilarious.

Neil McNab said:
manimanc said:
yawn.....how long will this bullshit debate linger on?

put it to fuckin bed will you,it`s gone,end of......

can`t believe people,posters,fans are getting their knickers in a twist....

god forbid if we only beat swansea by the odd goal,we`ll be getting relegated for fuck sake...
This is the same sort of comment that was on here after every shockingly negative performance last season, sweep it under the carpet, ignore it, it doesn't fit in with the "blue moon is rising" story!
it`s like a day in mourning but i`m a glass half full type of fan,don`t get me wrong i felt a bit gutted in the manner we lost but it`s like some fans are already sharpening their knives for mancini already and i personally think that`s very sad but in this day nd age some fans/supporters/posters want success yesterday and the toys go out the pram at every defeat..
it was the same last year,it was mancini out if we drew or lost or didn`t turn a team over by 5 or 6 goals...
people need to step back and view the bigger picture,we`re on a start of a great journey,we need to rise above old ways of thinking and look forward to some fantastic opportunities of putting a marker down and being top dog...

Johnsonontheleft said:
Halfpenny said:
Johnsonontheleft said:

lolol

Johnsonontheleft said:
Here are my thoughts on today (I've just got back):

The club Wembley seats were crawling with the tossers, about 95% of those seats were rags.

Some very bad racist and Munich chanting outside the greyhound

Going to Wembley is SHITE when we lose, especially to them

City fans didn't seem too gutted in the main

Ashley Young looked very very good

At least Kompany left the mistake to this game and didn't do a 'Carrick' in the cup

Yaya Toure looked absolute dogshit
Aguero looked shit hot in the possession game in the warmup

I hate United and their fans more than I have ever hated anyone or anything in my lifeWHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU GIVE AGUERO 20 MINUTES MANCINI???????

That is all, I'm going to bed.

My two over riding thoughts on today.

What was worse was I was in the Club Wembley seats surrounded by rags, celebrating like you wouldnt believe when Dzeko scored. As soon as they got one back in the second half, there was never ever any doubt in my mind which team was going to win - albeit I wouldnt have had Kompany down as the guilty party.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Do the players not understand how important these games are to the fans?

No they don't. They knocked off at 15:20 for HT with Tea and Tiffin.
They didn't press and harry a single rag in the second half. They simply couldn't be arsed. They are a f*cking disgrace the lot of them.

Tactically I felt our full backs had no protection and they exposed this on the overlap. Our midfield was very narrow. The midfield (especially de Jong as you'd expect) provided cover in the middle, but none of Milner, Yaya, Silva or Balotelli were helping defend down the flanks. Lesser teams won't manage to exploit this as we'll dominate possession, but a team playing 4-4-2 with good wingers and full backs will.

Mancini was talking about our players lacking mental strength in the paper and maybe this came to bear.

Dzeko's goal should help his confidence.

Thought the policing was better and I managed to get away quickly and be back in Manchester by 7.20pm which was a saving grace.

A reality check, but roll on next Monday night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.