Community Shield ticket information

Georgian Maestro said:
grim up north said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
This train works excuse is an easy opt out!

Probably less than 10% of those who go to Wembley ever go on the train anyway. An old saying and a very true one; a lazy and non committed person will take no time to find a reason not to do something.

'It's a Sunday'
'It's only a friendly'
'There's no trains'
'It's the holidays'
'It's expensive'
'We were there in March'
'The players won't take it seriously'
'It's on the TV'

All easy option lame soft arse excuses of convenience. As someone has already said, many of those who won't bother going are the same crew who whinge about not getting Cup Final tickets!

My soft arse lame excuse is I cannot afford now kindly do one

Can't be bothered is my excuse
MaineRoadBlue said:

Probably less than 10% of those who go to Wembley ever go on the train anyway. An old saying and a very true one; a lazy and non committed person will take no time to find a reason not to do something.

'It's a Sunday'
'It's only a friendly'
'There's no trains'
'It's the holidays'
'It's expensive'
'We were there in March'
'It's on the TV'

All easy option lame soft arse excuses of convenience. As someone has already said, many of those who won't bother going are the same crew who whinge about not getting Cup Final tickets!

I think judging by ticket sales, a good number of ST holders who are at the finals won't be going to this one.

It's not compulsory. I went to the villa one and enjoyed it but will probably give this a miss as the lad Is on holiday and going to this on my own and driving doesn't appeal.

happychappy said:
grim up north said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

'It's a Sunday'
'It's only a friendly'
'There's no trains'
'It's the holidays'
'It's expensive'
'We were there in March'
'It's on the TV'

Yeh, know how you feel mate, my ticket was £20 and the minibus £15

Really pleased for you.

happychappy said:
grim up north said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

'It's a Sunday'
'It's only a friendly'
'There's no trains'
'It's the holidays'
'It's expensive'
'We were there in March'
'It's on the TV'

That's 35 quid that could be put towards Newcastle away or one of the champions league matches. People don't have an endless supply of cash so maybe trekking to the other end of the country for a friendly gets sacrificed by some.

Plaything of the gods said:
ballinio said:
fathellensbellend said:
cannot buy top tier online, taken them off, guess a number is being handed to arsenal.
must be sold out.
Does anyone have a handle on which blocks have been on sale and which seats have gone?

I haven't had a chance to see until today and there was only one half of the lower tier from corner to behind the goal and three blocks or so round the opposite corner. No choice about what seat number, just had to take what was offered. Now all lower tier blocks behind the goal are listed.

This a.m. you could still get row 2 in 507 which is on the NE corner. Thousands of tickets left IMO. However, blocks 522 to 526 on half way line have never been on sale to my knowledge. This equates to about 6,000 tickets which will most likely be offered to the tarquins as this section forms a continuous section from their original allocation. If we get 20,000 going I will be very surprised. This is still good for a glorified friendly IMO.

It's 3 weeks away. Anyone would think the game was this weekend judging by the talk of ticket sales

Yes it's a glorified friendly, but I'm really looking forward to it. Showpiece game at Wembley as Champions. If you've got something better to do that weekend then lucky you.

Maybe a lot of s/c holders are a bit Wembley weary or busy, but they are still plenty of us blue members that couldn't get tickets for any of the finals waiting to buy tickets, if they go on sale to us . Be surprised if we don't sell out our allocation.

Edit Just checked to see and realised they are on sale to blue members now.

I'm going myself. Will be my third game of the season as already been to Dundee and Hearts. That said if I manage to secure a Newcastle ticket I may have to re-think as finances are not limitless (only went to Dundee and Hearts as they are on my doorstep). Normally avoid friendlies like the plague but think the Arse at Wembley will be a little less friendly despite my previous comments about 'glorified friendly'. Just hope we do take it seriously and lay down a marker.

stirlingblue said:
I'm going myself. Will be my third game of the season as already been to Dundee and Hearts. That said if I manage to secure a Newcastle ticket I may have to re-think as finances are not limitless (only went to Dundee and Hearts as they are on my doorstep). Normally avoid friendlies like the plague but think the Arse at Wembley will be a little less friendly despite my previous comments about 'glorified friendly'. Just hope we do take it seriously and lay down a marker.
Don't want them to believe this is their year

But last time we lost a Charity Shield at Wembley, we went on to have the best season of all time. Nothing will ever beat that season, even if it was agonising at times.

Marvin said:
stirlingblue said:
Don't want them to believe this is their year

But last time we lost a Charity Shield at Wembley, we went on to have the best season of all time. Nothing will ever beat that season, even if it was agonising at times.

It will be a year to the day that they beat us in Helsinki....revenge!

cheddar404 said:
happychappy said:
grim up north said:

That's 35 quid that could be put towards Newcastle away or one of the champions league matches. People don't have an endless supply of cash so maybe trekking to the other end of the country for a friendly gets sacrificed by some.
Understand most blues have to budget, but as far as an away day goes it's as cheap as doing a London game 25 years ago, throw into that 20,000 blues, wembley and if you get the right driver, a cheap carry on on the coach, it's not expensive. Usually 4/5 of us go to wembley in the car, but only me this time, so going on the local minibus, the other lads excuses are washing their hair, migraine and their nails won't be dry in time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.