Companies you have learned to despise

McDonalds

Watch “The Founder” and you’ll know why

TBH that’s all pretty small fry.

You’ve got companies like Nestle deliberately causing infant malnutrition (promoting and giving out free baby formula in Africa until the mother stop producing milk despite knowing they will not be able to pay for the formula. Also dressing salespeople as doctors and nurses to trick poor uneducated mothers.)

Shell just had to hand out money for their Nigerian mercenaries executing and raping people who opposed their pipeline in the 90s; Mars recently got found guilty of using literal slave labour to produce palm oil.

What Ray Kroc did doesn’t really compare. don’t get me wrong he was a piece of shit but there’s leagues to this, and he’s national south.

Carphone Warehouse. Several year's ago, I bought a phone from them on what I thought was an O2 contact. It turned out O2 was the network provider, but they were only supplying the infrastructure for Carphone and I could only deal with Carphone. I could only discuss the numerous Issues with Carphone (who were useless) rather than the directly with the network provider. When the minimum contract period was up they forced me to write, yes paper and post, to cancel the contract. I told them if they were going to force me to do that I would never buy anything off them again, and I never will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.