Consistent Criticism, and questioning

dancity19

I wanted Mancini gone towards the end of his tenure - as much as anything for the seeming inability to get the most out of all the players.

For several reasons, and the above being one of them, I am in support of Pellegrini. I am wary of becoming a knee jerker who wants managers sacked after some poor performances and results. Also, we know what he can produce - he won 2 trophies last season, and got us playing the best football many of us have ever seen - we should not forget that!

That being said, it is important we don't have 'one rule for one, and another rule for another'. Pellegrini must suffer the same criticism, and questioning that was levelled at Mancini; it's only fair.

I am in NO way advocating anything drastic, as outlined above, BUT just as Mancini came under the spotlight in his last season with City, so must Pellegrini when things aren't going well.

We have not performed well for a whole 90 minutes this season - in any competition.
TOO many players are way below par - the major criticism I levelled at Mancini. Pellegrini managed to get all players playing at their level and above last season - what has happened this season. Only Milner, Silva, Aguero and Hart are performing as they should. Whilst still good, even Zaba and Kompany aren't at their very best - though they can always be afforded leeway, in my eyes, rightly or wrongly.
We have gone backwards so far - Champions League (we beat CSKA last season).
League cup.
Even though points are actually OK in the league, it's more performances I am worried about. We have become overly relaint on a few players. Who looks like scoring other than Sergio.

I am also beginning to question our buying policy - but that's another matter.
Again, not advocating anything drastic - I just think there should be a consistency in terms of criticism and questioning.

dancity19 said:
I wanted Mancini gone towards the end of his tenure - as much as anything for the seeming inability to get the most out of all the players.

For several reasons, and the above being one of them, I am in support of Pellegrini. I am wary of becoming a knee jerker who wants managers sacked after some poor performances and results. Also, we know what he can produce - he won 2 trophies last season, and got us playing the best football many of us have ever seen - we should not forget that!

That being said, it is important we don't have 'one rule for one, and another rule for another'. Pellegrini must suffer the same criticism, and questioning that was levelled at Mancini; it's only fair.

I am in NO way advocating anything drastic, as outlined above, BUT just as Mancini came under the spotlight in his last season with City, so must Pellegrini when things aren't going well.

We have not performed well for a whole 90 minutes this season - in any competition.
TOO many players are way below par - the major criticism I levelled at Mancini. Pellegrini managed to get all players playing at their level and above last season - what has happened this season. Only Milner, Silva, Aguero and Hart are performing as they should. Whilst still good, even Zaba and Kompany aren't at their very best - though they can always be afforded leeway, in my eyes, rightly or wrongly.
League cup.
Even though points are actually OK in the league, it's more performances I am worried about. We have become overly relaint on a few players. Who looks like scoring other than Sergio.

Again, not advocating anything drastic - I just think there should be a consistency in terms of criticism and questioning.

dancity19 said:

League cup.

If we fail to win an trophy this season and finish outside of the top 4 Pellegrini will simply not be our manager next year despite the success of last season and his more likeable nature. The owners would then have to re-build us again, but unless we now go on a disastrous run between now and Jan Pellegrini will of course remain at least until next summer, and the chairman will hope Pellegrini can turn things around for us before that happens.

I don't think £50-65 price hikes on seasoncards every year for the last four summers helps at all.

It has certainly made me more critical and less patient!

In the 2011-12 season my seasoncard was around £200 cheaper than it is now and I don't think we're any better than we were then.

I think the problem was FFP hit us hard, whilst our summer was very good considering our budget, we weren't able to strengthen our starting XI, we've stood still, just as we did after we won the league with Mancini.

City look stale at the moment and devoid of ideas. It appears we have been 'found out' and opposing teams bette understand the system and formation City play in order to combat it (4222)

This formation is not working. I'm not having a moan though, I think it's just a sticky patch, but an adaptation of current patterns of play may be needed.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
I think the problem was FFP hit us hard, whilst our summer was very good considering our budget, we weren't able to strengthen our starting XI, we've stood still, just as we did after we won the league with Mancini.
200m spent in 2 years. very hard ffp has hit us...

We still had £50m to spend and decided to spend £30+m of that on a young, erratic and raw centre half.

It's not like we had a transfer ban!

Plus with selling a few players we had around £70m to spend. Oh woe us, just £70m to spend in one Summer, these are hard hard times indeed! And fuck that fucking UEFA only allowing us to have £30m shy of £100m to spend in one window, those bloody buggers!

I agree FFP did have an effect on us this year but we still purchased the most expensive defender in the PL.

at the start of the season the majority including me thought we were stronger than last year so something else is missing.

Have the players now lost the fight to win.

Mangala is obviously lacking in confidence and we are missing the fight up front of the Beast.

I am sure it will turn out right in the end but I am now questioning some of Pellegrini's decisions.

Our transfers are looking questionable.

Navas will have a good game here and there, but nowhere near consistent enough.
Jovetic tries too hard as he doesn't get the game time.
Fernandinho - no compaints really.
Sagna- nothing like the player he was at arsenal.
Caballero - downgrade on Panty at the moment

Mangala and Fernando - way too early to judge - but despite starting well, both have dipped dramatically. Fernando looks slow, and gives the ball away far too sloppily, too often.

You have to question why we are going for the portugese league. It is a poor league. Some good attacking players have come from there, of course. But you tend to get overcharged, and we got stung with Garcia. I am sure, though, Mangala and Fernando will improve - they have to.

Bit downbeat this morning. This time next week there is potential we could be in real trouble. Hopefully not!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.