Contact Lenses

I used to wear contacts for about 25 years before I had them lasered.
I was having a check up and wanted to know what my vision would be measured as with 20/20 being accepted as good. He said I'd be registered blind, my prescription was -6.5 and -7.0.
It's 20/20 now though

I've had 'lens exchange' with Optical Express , due to the fact that i was considered 'unsuitable' for laser surgery ..... however whilst i can generally see better than i could before , to be honest i don't think it has quite been the success that i thought it would , even though the following check-ups reckon i've now got 20/20 vision ...... and it was very expensive too.

Lens exchange requires taking out the 'worn' natural lenses in your eyes , and replacing them with new ones ..... a kind of cateract operation.

The missus , on the other hand , uses contact lenses from Specsavers at about £24 per month for 30 pairs (daily disposable soft lenses)

i used to getdaily ones with specsavers but now i get the monthly ones with some daily's as spare incase i rip/lose my monthly. I did buy some of the daily ones online once and they were suppose to be a replica of what i get from specsavers but i found them really uncomfy so i wouldnt recommend going down that line

I can't wear them, I could feel them constantly. I know people who put them in and they are perfectly fine untill they take them out, don't even feel them. Me? I could feel them every second of every minute, and it was agony. The longest I had them in for was 12 hours and by the end of the day, I wanted to carve my eyes out.

I go to Boots opticians. £20 a month. Lenses are very comfortable, I tried a few different variations before settling with the ones I have. I've had quite a few different opticians but they've all been absolutely brilliant at Boots, really helpful and seem to genuinely care. My lenses are 2 weekly which is a bit annoying as you have to store/clean them etc when you take them out, so if you're lazy I'd go for dailys.
Also if you're on their pay monthly vision plan you get £50 off a pair of glasses every year.

Nearly lost an eye though infection caused by wearing lenses...one of the worst pains ever when my eyeball swoll up....glasses ever since

i pay £18 per month for mine. they are monthly ones and i can even sleep in them. just have to use eye drops twice a day. ideal because i find outting new ones in a bloody nightmare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.