Copenhagen Away 23/24

Don't despise it but like to see what's going on ,do most euro aways but not doing this one again ,we have been to so many great cities this one is a disappointment,I would class Porto , Prague,Antwerp lubijan,Wroclaw , Bruges,Gent,Dresden ,Lisbon ,genoa as a few good cities ,last week we did stockholm which turned out to be fantastic as opposed to Malmö which is probably as bad as it gets after Charleroi which is petty much identical to Chernobyl.
The pub he’s on about is ok but gets boring after a while guy singing city songs over-and over again went in 2022 going again but won’t be using them boozers this time found it a bit shit

6 of us planning on going Malmo on Monday, any tips where best to go for a good drink
Yes.

The main drinking areas are Lilla Torg. It is in the centre (5mins away from the Malmö Centrum Train St.)

There are quite a few bars / cafe's on the square. I would normally go into a place called Drum Bar (a Scottish pub) but plenty of choice around here.

The other drinking area is called Möllan - About a 5 to 10 min walk from the train station Triangeln (20 - 30 mins walk from Lilla Torg). It's another square with bars/restaurants on but in the centre. Has a bit more of a mix of normal bars and hipster type places and a little bit cheaper for a pint.

A few other places in between are called paddy's, fagans, bullen, pivo that are decent enough and in between the two squares.

A lot of bars also do their happy hours called AfterWork (AW) around 5pm.

@Maansen Hello mate, i am just trying to work out what ticket i should buy to use for travel when I get to Copenhagen next week. Google maps recommends me a bus from airport to my hotel, then get to the ground on Tuesday, you recommend to walk from the Old Irish to Vesterport and take the train to Østerport station.

This is when i land and take off, Monday and Wednesday.
12 Feb 202414:15Copenhagen
14 Feb 202417:55Copenhagen

So just over 48hrs really.

Seems like a single journey is 30dkk on the bus, so 60 dkk to go from airport to hotel, then back again on the Wednesday.
24dkk from Vesterport to Osterport. So 48dkk return.

108kk in total. In comparison it looks like a City Pass Small is 220k for 72hrs (I think 48hrs would be cutting it too close unless I just leave the city early to get to the airport). Buying the pass just removes the need to keep manually buying tickets I suppose?
I think a Copenhagen Card is a bit expensive, i dont think ill use it for much of the attractions. A lot seem free which is handy.

I am staying right next to Polititorvet station so looks like I am walking distance to most attractions so I dont think I will be using any transport outside of getting to and from irish bar and the airport.
Hi mate, both will do fine. If you dont want to think too much about buying tickets and expect to go around town a lot then get the pass else just buy when needed. Not much of a difference in the end.

The pub he’s on about is ok but gets boring after a while guy singing city songs over-and over again went in 2022 going again but won’t be using them boozers this time found it a bit shit

Every euro away is the same.
These pubs are great if you are desperate to meet up with other Blues and have a sing song etc
Especially if its a second or third trip to same city its good to explore more.

BTW the prices are excellent ...

Don't despise it but like to see what's going on ,do most euro aways but not doing this one again ,we have been to so many great cities this one is a disappointment,I would class Porto , Prague,Antwerp lubijan,Wroclaw , Bruges,Gent,Dresden ,Lisbon ,genoa as a few good cities ,last week we did stockholm which turned out to be fantastic as opposed to Malmö which is probably as bad as it gets after Charleroi which is petty much identical to Chernobyl.
This is the thing about cities. I first went to Copenhagen to watch England in August 2005 and thought it was a great city. Went back in February a few years later and it was dark and damp so a totally different feel.
I went to Malmo with work and got took on a pub crawl with locals and had a great time and I went to Stockholm with England and was disappointed.
I’ve done 85 aways with England and quite a few with City. Basically, it’s all about your experience and you shouldn’t go on other people’s opinions.

This is the thing about cities. I first went to Copenhagen to watch England in August 2005 and thought it was a great city. Went back in February a few years later and it was dark and damp so a totally different feel.
I went to Malmo with work and got took on a pub crawl with locals and had a great time and I went to Stockholm with England and was disappointed.
I’ve done 85 aways with England and quite a few with City. Basically, it’s all about your experience and you shouldn’t go on other people’s opinions.
Agree with you about the weather when we were in Antwerp had a day of miserable rain next day sunshine had to re do all the photos ,felt like a different city .
Another example was Munich last year grim and raining never want to go again but I guess it would be different in sunshine.
One thing I don't get is people rating cities on pubs .all cities have pubs and shit cities can have good pubs ,I personally don't see the point in travelling somewhere to spend all day in a pub if I wanted to do that I'd go my local

Just got the below from the club....

• The metro service in Copenhagen will be out of service. Fans are advised to use the S-Train and depart at Svanemøllen Station. This is approx. a 20 min walk therefore fans with reduced mobility are advised there are buses from Svanemøllen Station (1A towards Avedøre and then get off at the bus stop “Århusgade” which is the closest public transport stop near the stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.