Copenhagen Away 23/24

Just got the below from the club....

• The metro service in Copenhagen will be out of service. Fans are advised to use the S-Train and depart at Svanemøllen Station. This is approx. a 20 min walk therefore fans with reduced mobility are advised there are buses from Svanemøllen Station (1A towards Avedøre and then get off at the bus stop “Århusgade” which is the closest public transport stop near the stadium.

The message from the club isnt quite right. It's only 2 of the metro lines that are closed, not the entire metro system.

I did a post earlier in this thread about it, but see below again for info.

The club are advising getting off the S-Train at Svanemollen, whereas I previously said Osteport. I've had a look and it's 6 and two 3s in terms of walking distance (both 20 mins).

MAP.png

Metro from airport to the centre is still operating - the 'yellow' M2 line takes you into Kongens Nytorv in the city centre.

The 'red' M3 circle and 'blue' half-circle M4 lines are closed which includes the line to the stadium (metro station for the stadium is called Trianglen).

From what I can tell the best option for getting to the stadium is a mainline train from the city centre (main station is called Kobenhavn H, or Vesterport which is near the Irish bar). Takes 5-10 mins from those stations to the nearest station to the stadium which is Osterport, it's then a 20 min walk to the stadium from there.

Last edited:
The message from the club isnt quite right. It's only 2 of the metro lines that are closed, not the entire metro system.

I did a post earlier in this thread about it, but see below again for info.

The club are advising getting off the S-Train at Svanemollen, whereas I previously said Osteport. I've had a look and it's 6 and two 3s in terms of walking distance (both 20 mins).

View attachment 106518

Metro from airport to the centre is still operating - the 'yellow' M2 line takes you into Kongens Nytorv in the city centre.

The 'red' M3 circle and 'blue' half-circle M4 lines are closed which includes the line to the stadium (metro station for the stadium is called Trianglen).

From what I can tell the best option for getting to the stadium is a mainline train from the city centre (main station is called Kobenhavn H, or Vesterport which is near the Irish bar). Takes 5-10 mins from those stations to the nearest station to the stadium which is Osterport, it's then a 20 min walk to the stadium from there.

I agree with everything said here.

This is the thing about cities. I first went to Copenhagen to watch England in August 2005 and thought it was a great city. Went back in February a few years later and it was dark and damp so a totally different feel.
I went to Malmo with work and got took on a pub crawl with locals and had a great time and I went to Stockholm with England and was disappointed.
I’ve done 85 aways with England and quite a few with City. Basically, it’s all about your experience and you shouldn’t go on other people’s opinions.
I thought Aarhus was better than Copenhagen. Stayed there when we played Midtyjlland and Aalborg. A fantastic place, huge student population, lots of music venues, ultra modern, with seaside beaches. A total surprise. Copenhagen was ok but Aarhus was great with fantastic transport links and some great bars.

simply looking at google maps, all 3 train stations of Svanemøllen, Osterport and Nordhavn appear to be between 20 and 25 mins walk and looks like the 3 stations are all on the same line

I would be very careful buying smoke from there as Copenhagen Police have implemented a targeted heightened penalty zone on and around Christiania, effective from January 10, 2024.

Perfectly fine to have a walk there.
So where would be best to get some smoke haha

What a pain in the arse getting the currency from outlets over here..
Order and collect Wednesday FFS..

I was looking at this earlier before I had seen it on here.

It seems to be 3 or 4 minutes less walking to get off the S train at Nordhavn and then it's a straight walk to the away end.

Would that also work?

Thanks
That can work as well. Only like 100m difference but either is fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.