Corbyn and Labour next big idea

http://news.sky.com/story/labour-pl...chool-fees-to-fund-free-school-meals-10826762

As a life long labour man im in utter disbelief at some of the stuff this man comes up with i really am.

Nothing but politics of envy and further evidence that out and out left wing politics is dead and that labour under this man will never have a shoot at power again.
Most people who send their kids to private schools are the aspirational middle classes who are already squeezed the most by all governments tax wise. Adding 2 or 3 thousand to a typical school fee is just going make it less affordable with the consequence being that the state sector will need more funding to cater for those that can no longer afford the private sector. I doubt the additional revenue raised would cover the additional state school burden, and the government will currently get that revenue now anyway from VAT on things people would need to cut back on to afford the school fees.
Another totally ill thought out plan that will lose Labour even more support.

I find it rather funny

The Tories need an effective opposition to scrutinise their every move.

Numerous friends supported Corbyn's appointment yet have disowned him one by one. His refusal to take decisive action over Ken Livingstone is also shocking.

http://news.sky.com/story/labour-pl...chool-fees-to-fund-free-school-meals-10826762

As a life long labour man im in utter disbelief at some of the stuff this man comes up with i really am.

Nothing but politics of envy and further evidence that out and out left wing politics is dead and that labour under this man will never have a shot at power again.

There is an agenda to try and bury left wing g politics. I watched an interview with Corbyn who rightly pointed out the bees don't cover what they are trying to do.

It's all a drip drip to suit their agenda.
I knew it would happen and it reinforces the belief that this country will be different shades of Tory forever.

He hasn't helped by not being a natural leader and someone you would follow into battle.

As always he gets it half right. Children should get free meals to try and stop them becoming fat unfit lumps. The money to pay for it should not be taken from middle class parents, many cannot afford this.

We are screwed for tax by big business, estimated at over £200b a year. Say you will pass legislation that gathers this money and how you would spend it, including free meals for all kids.

I think most people who pay tax get really fucked off when tax avoidance robs us. I think gathering this money would have support across the board.

Anyway, his demonisation is an example to labour voters up here that to vote for them is a waste of time. The BBC et al are hanging out if Matday Mayday's arse and to date, apart from all the spin she has done fuck all.

She us backtracking on no deal, weak, she us backtracking on immigration, weak, she had to back down on bat insurance, weak and misguided.

She is now in charge of negotiations in which she has drawn a line in the sand and scuffed it out three times now.

She could have taken the high ground by saying EU national could stay. Open goal, sklaffed it wide.

She has been told she can't start negotiations for trade deals until our glorious deal sees us all put our names down for a new Bentley.

She only looks ok because the media don't highlight her fuck ups.

There is an agenda to try and bury left wing g politics. I watched an interview with Corbyn who rightly pointed out the bees don't cover what they are trying to do.

I knew it would happen and it reinforces the belief that this country will be different shades of Tory forever.

He hasn't helped by not being a natural leader and someone you would follow into battle.

As always he gets it half right. Children should get free meals to try and stop them becoming fat unfit lumps. The money to pay for it should not be taken from middle class parents, many cannot afford this.

We are screwed for tax by big business, estimated at over £200b a year. Say you will pass legislation that gathers this money and how you would spend it, including free meals for all kids.

I think most people who pay tax get really fucked off when tax avoidance robs us. I think gathering this money would have support across the board.

Anyway, his demonisation is an example to labour voters up here that to vote for them is a waste of time. The BBC et al are hanging out if Matday Mayday's arse and to date, apart from all the spin she has done fuck all.

She us backtracking on no deal, weak, she us backtracking on immigration, weak, she had to back down on bat insurance, weak and misguided.

She is now in charge of negotiations in which she has drawn a line in the sand and scuffed it out three times now.

She could have taken the high ground by saying EU national could stay. Open goal, sklaffed it wide.

She has been told she can't start negotiations for trade deals until our glorious deal sees us all put our names down for a new Bentley.

Tax avoidance is different to tax evasion, tax avoidance is legal because it is based upon how you structure a company around its tax responsibilities. This often comes down simply to how accounting practices are applied rather than outright not paying the tax due. Not paying tax is tax evasion and is illegal. Just as an example, many shift their tax bill abroad to minimize it, should this be illegal or is it actually just immoral? Obviously it is the latter because you simply cannot make owning a company abroad illegal... It is already in law that any company who bases most of its business here must pay tax on that business here.

Arguably, big business may seemingly screw tax payers over but big businesses also employ and create more jobs and wealth than anyone else. Would you quadruple a companies tax bill if it meant the loss of jobs? This is Corbyn's mentality and it is just the other side of a narrow viewpoint that you either relax tax or you enforce it. Corbyn wants to hammer the rich in every single corridor and what happens if these people say well why should we invest our money only for it to be taken away, why should we create jobs?

I have yet to hear a single plan Corbyn has for the economy and business beyond giving them a good hiding, he is completely unelectable bar for the people who have absolutely nothing and therefore don't care about business or the economy. He appeals to those people because Corbyn will give them money, he won't however create them jobs or do anything that contributes to the economy. I've always said on here, Corbyn bangs on about equality but his method to solve it is to make things equal by making the rich poorer.

Hammering big business is not the answer but neither is ignoring real tax avoidance but a balance needs to be struck and unfortunately there is no-one representing that area just now. The middle ground represents a major winning ground in todays politics, another Blair or god even Brown type would wipe the floor of the choices we currently have available.

Tax avoidance is different to tax evasion, tax avoidance is legal because it is based upon how you structure a company around its tax responsibilities. This often comes down simply to how accounting practices are applied rather than outright not paying the tax due. Not paying tax is tax evasion and is illegal. Just as an example, many shift their tax bill abroad to minimize it, should this be illegal or is it actually just immoral? Obviously it is the latter because you simply cannot make owning a company abroad illegal... It is already in law that any company who bases most of its business here must pay tax on that business here.

Arguably, big business may seemingly screw tax payers over but big businesses also employ and create more jobs and wealth than anyone else. Would you quadruple a companies tax bill if it meant the loss of jobs? This is Corbyn's mentality and it is just the other side of a narrow viewpoint that you either relax tax or you enforce it. Corbyn wants to hammer the rich in every single corridor and what happens if these people say well why should we invest our money only for it to be taken away, why should we create jobs?

I have yet to hear a single plan Corbyn has for the economy and business beyond giving them a good hiding, he is completely unelectable bar for the people who have absolutely nothing and therefore don't care about business or the economy. He appeals to those people because Corbyn will give them money, he won't however create them jobs or do anything that contributes to the economy. I've always said on here, Corbyn bangs on about equality but his method to solve it is to make things equal by making the rich poorer.

Hammering big business is not the answer but neither is ignoring real tax avoidance but a balance needs to be struck and unfortunately there is no-one representing that area just now. The middle ground represents a major winning ground in todays politics, another Blair or god even Brown type would wipe the floor of the choices we currently have available.

I fully expect David Miliband to come back in and take control of Labour.

Oh Mr Pole having only been here 6 months , you have missed out the halcyon days when this place was called the cellar, when this board had an even balance of left, right and centre posters politics wise, best post an opinion once and leave the thread before it become several pages of labour bashing with maybe one left winger trying to argue, against the tide.

This idea in principal is a good one, to feed all school children for free, the method to pay for this maybe not, but Labour is a mess, and the only politics thats fucked up in the party is the poisonous PLP, Jezza is a busted flush, but the idea of an egalitarian society is bigger than some beardy twat from london

As for Milliband he can fuck right off the bellend.

May is a useless **** surrounded by morons, but while labour carries on finding itself the country is left with clowns governing it and tossers opposing the leader of the opposers of it's governance.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.