MANCHESTER 60.4% / 37.5% V 60.2% / 37.0%

OLDHAM 72.1% / 54.2% V 72.0% / 53.8%

ROCHDALE 73.8% / 53.6% V 73.8% / 53.5%

SALFORD 67.4 % / 44.8% V 67.2% / 44.6%

STOCKPORT 82.0% / 61.3% V 81.9% / 61.1%

TAMESIDE 77.3% / 58.4% V 77.2% / 57.7%

TRAFFORD 79.7% / 58.8% V 79.3% / 58.4%

WIGAN 81.1% / 60.8% V 81.1% / 60.5%

Trafford and Tameside up by 0.8% the best and Rochdale miles behind on just 0,1%

By the end of July I'd be utterly shocked if our cases aren't reducing quickly.

I hope you're right. But with cases rising exponentially now, doubling every ~10 days, no signs of a slowdown, and further restrictions promised to be lifted, it seems pretty unlikely to me. I'd give it less than 50:50 that it's peaked by then given where we are today. But all is very uncertain.

I don't know if anyone here follows Andrew Lilico on twitter or other platforms, he works for the daily telegraph which isn't usually my cup of tea but he has his say on Covid, restrictions, modelling all of which I see as balanced and fair.

Which is why I've linked to this thread.

I think his opinion here will be shared by many throughout the country, but may be seen as controversial. He's basically suggesting that if by opening up fully as we intend, and the NHS gets as busy or even busier than January but crucially *still able to cope* then it's a price worth paying to go ahead with the open up and get this over with in the summer.

Probably akin to Boris's original "like ripping off a plaster" comment back in March of 2020, but this being now and not then.

Is he right? I can go along with what he's suggesting and his reasoning behind it.

He's since followed it up with a comment saying that it's better to have an end with horror, than a horror without end.

I could take most of the argument until the last sentence when Lilico comes out with some shite about a “horror without end”. It’s a good job we don’t have any wars when having to wear a mask in Tesco’s is described as a never ending horror. What a snowflake.

Yea I pretty much agree with him, follow him on twitter myself nice to get a balanced view with a few others on there.

End of the day the NHS exists to serve the population of the UK, not the other way around.

And I say that as someone who's used it plenty of times and it's saved my life.

The first doses of the initial vac roll out will be nigh on complete in 2 weeks, if we can't unlock then in the middle of summer when can we.
The NHS is there for the whole population at the point of need. That’s to provide the range of Heakth services and not just be a dustbin for Covid.

I’m hoping we are good shape to open up the range of industry and society from the 19th July but this Lilico geezer hasn’t added anything new IMHO.

I don't know if anyone here follows Andrew Lilico on twitter or other platforms, he works for the daily telegraph which isn't usually my cup of tea but he has his say on Covid, restrictions, modelling all of which I see as balanced and fair.

Which is why I've linked to this thread.

I think his opinion here will be shared by many throughout the country, but may be seen as controversial. He's basically suggesting that if by opening up fully as we intend, and the NHS gets as busy or even busier than January but crucially *still able to cope* then it's a price worth paying to go ahead with the open up and get this over with in the summer.

Probably akin to Boris's original "like ripping off a plaster" comment back in March of 2020, but this being now and not then.

Is he right? I can go along with what he's suggesting and his reasoning behind it.

He's since followed it up with a comment saying that it's better to have an end with horror, than a horror without end.

It ends when we get a variant-specific booster vaccine. If we don't then the global delta wave will spawn new strains that will undermine our immunity, and it will go on.

For me, debates about lockdown are now over for the UK because vaccination rates have slowed so much. There's no point buying time if you have no weapon to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.