Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have already said there are no experts on here so why you on here then. Might be best to have some time off.

btw I am not an expert but I can give you my real world experience . Tested positive Monday lft, backed up with a pcr Monday (results last night positive )

a couple of days of cold like symptoms but much brighter today. It seems to me it’s mild but i am no expert
I am glad you are ok, i am but lets be clear here you have been one of the truly worst posters throughout this pandemic. You buy into conspiracy theories, attack science and post some truly moronic stuff. I would be amazed if you agreed with me abut listening to experts.

Where did I say all scientists should be discounted? There is no harm whatsoever in debating and querying the interpretation or conclusions that they reach.
Nothing at all comparing and debating different research is good. What isn't is a tenedency to dismiss research that goes against a pesonal opinion as lies and the scientist being corrupt and in the pockets of poliiticians that want to lock us down and restict business. Though thats never explained why they would want to do something that hurts the economy and is unpopular.

Going in circles a bit without much reason I feel.

Omicron problem now seems not to be ICU overload (we have to wait for the impact on unvaccinated and vulnerable though!)
but the huge number of "mildly" sick people at the same time with the risk of systematic problems with workers sick home in bed having fever for a view days, without being hospitalized.

Still enough reason to keep numbers down as good as possible to buy time for far more boosters and to protect unvaccinated citizens who still have the free choice not to be jabbed. If we understand that or not. We have to change laws before we can sanction what we don't like.

Personally I'd go with the experts who have had the most experience in dealing with a new variant. In this case South African experts.

By which you mean South African experts whose views you think support your own.

Not South African experts who think German restrictions are appropriate: “So we would do well to be very careful with this variant.”

Director of CERI: Centre for Epidemic Response & innovation, South Africa

Do you go with that expert?

Nothing at all comparing and debating different research is good. What isn't is a tenedency to dismiss research that goes against a pesonal opinion as lies and the scientist being corrupt and in the pockets of poliiticians that want to lock us down and restict business. Though thats never explained why they would want to do something that hurts the economy and is unpopular.
I agree completely but I wouldn't have put BA's views into that category even though I don't always agree with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.