Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been so many that it's hard to get concerned about them, but I do find it concerning that so few people are vaccinated in Africa. Thankfully, there seems to be a growing awareness in the Global North that it might be wiser to concentrate efforts on vaccinating more there.
We definitely should, but it isn’t just supplying the vaccine it will take a big push to win them over so they are used , may also need help with roll out in some parts.

As stated before, the fact is, we know people with Omicron are losing their sense of their smell. And this was properly and fully established as linked to damage to neurological structures, specifically, glial cells. Which are in the brain, dumbass. Damage to cells in the brain.

If you don't know anything about brains, I could recommend you a book that might help you get it in perspective.

Does it make me worry people will lose motor control? No. Does it make me concerned about memory performance, attention, depression? Somewhat. Also long term risks of dementia and other stuff.

Sorry if I'm a bit blunt about it. More emotional than usual. Partly watching all this unfold, watching the crowd dynamics and people hurling abuse to effectively hide that they are following the tide and changing. Partly a winter thing. But maybe it has something to do with being teary every day around this time for... what... a week? Two? Same as last time I previously had COVID.

I really donj't have time to dress this stuff up. Go back and look at what happened when Damocles was last on this thread. They jumped down his throat for following the standard scientific method, and started talking about this thing that he just wasn't getting, that they couldn't explain. I'll explain it - it's group psychology. Everyone gets very excited, and a bit 'enthusiastic' when there's a change in the air, and they've already chosen the side they need to be on.
Brain damage is a very odd and subjective thing to say though, I think you are more referring to cognitive and brain related symptoms and not actual brain damage. COVID does not affect the brain directly or else we'd see many people with extremely concerning brain tumour/stroke type symptoms but that isn't really happening.

The most likely thing that will happen to the brain if COVID affects it is inflammation and this will cause swelling or clots that lead to actual damage but you're very likely to know about this before it happens. This type of thing is an immediately serious and life threatening problem. It certainly will not present and continue as a bit of brain fog or depression, it will be something that is far more severe and obvious likely with severe headaches and specific neurological symptoms.

The comment that guy made is hysterical clickbait and it isn't supported in literature in any shape or form. The loss of sense of smell/taste is not caused by brain damage, it is caused by damage and inflammation in the sensing cells located in the nose and tongue. The critical difference with brain damage is the brain cannot heal itself but those damaged sensing cells can and that's why the loss of smell/taste is recovered eventually.

Notice that the new variant found in France (small number of cases and not outcompeting Omicron) has been connected to travel to Cameroon, a country where under 3% of the population is fully vaccinated. In the DR of Congo, only 30,000 of its 90 million population is vaccinated.
AFCON is in Cameroon.

Message sent out from school yesterday for all parents to wear masks when dropping their kids off, observe social distancing and not to loiter around.

I reckon there was myself and 2 other people that must of got the message because it was fucking bedlam this morning, no masks and parents treating it as a catch up and get together in the playground. It's like nobody actually gives a fuck anymore. Annoying thing is I bet they didn't spend Christmas Day separated from everybody, Facetiming their family and wanting to rip their own fucking eyes out.

I hate people. Fucking despise them.

FTSE 100 finally back to pre pandemic levels

AZ scientist saying the worst of the pandemic is over, fingers crossed

People can enjoy their lives without taking liberties with our emergency services, who have often gone above and beyond to keep people safe.
Come March we'll be through the very worst of covid 19..and the word pandemic will be gone

We definitely should, but it isn’t just supplying the vaccine it will take a big push to win them over so they are used , may also need help with roll out in some parts.
We've never had such problems with the supply and uptake of armaments; maybe we should ask the arms industry to lend some of its expertise. Calling Mark Thatcher...

A city of 1.2 million people has gone into lockdown in China after three COVID-19 cases were detected.

The municipal government of Yuzhou, which is in the Hanan province, said all residents would be confined to their homes, with essential workers allowed to go to work if they present a negative COVID-19 test, according to CNN.

Schools and non-essential retail shops have been closed, while public transport has been suspended.

A city of 1.2 million people has gone into lockdown in China after three COVID-19 cases were detected.

The municipal government of Yuzhou, which is in the Hanan province, said all residents would be confined to their homes, with essential workers allowed to go to work if they present a negative COVID-19 test, according to CNN.

Schools and non-essential retail shops have been closed, while public transport has been suspended.
Chinese govt really are a bunch of cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.