Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
By which you mean South African experts whose views you think support your own.

Not South African experts who think German restrictions are appropriate: “So we would do well to be very careful with this variant.”

Director of CERI: Centre for Epidemic Response & innovation, South Africa

Do you go with that expert?

I'd go with the consensus. I have no particular views of my own to support as I have to expertise or knowledge in this area.

I've no idea if this is right or wrong.

Do you have any evidence for this?
While he or I can’t speak for everyone of course, personal experience and what’s being reported by many others seem to back this up.

When I caught it in January, it wasn’t enough to put me in hospital but it was enough to keep me in bed for a couple of days and being too fatigued to do anything apart from go to the toilet. Oh, I also had the trots for a bit too. This time round it’s literally no more than a runny nose, a bit of sneezing, and feeling a bit phlegmy first thing in the morning. No fever, no fatigue, not even a headache to speak of. Those are all things I had first time round. From what Rammy has said, he’s been broadly similar compared to when he caught Delta in the summer. Of course, it might not just be solely Omicron that’s responsible for these milder symptoms that I, Rammy, and many others are presenting with. Previous infection and me being triple jabbed (although my booster was only last Wednesday so it wouldn’t have fully kicked in) may well be playing a part too. And no doubt that even if it gets proven beyond all doubt that it’s a lot milder, some will still sadly succumb to it.

While he or I can’t speak for everyone of course, personal experience and what’s being reported by many others seem to back this up.

When I caught it in January, it wasn’t enough to put me in hospital but it was enough to keep me in bed for a couple of days and being too fatigued to do anything v apart from go to the toilet. Oh, I also had the trots for a bit too. This time round it’s literally no more than a runny nose, a bit of sneezing, and feeling a bit phlegmy first thing in the morning. No fever, no fatigue, not even a headache to speak of. Those are all things I had first time round. From what Rammy has said, he’s been broadly similar compared to when he caught Delta in the summer. Of course, it might not just be solely Omicron that’s responsible for these milder symptoms that I, Rammy, and many others are presenting with. Previous infection and me being triple jabbed (although my booster was only last Wednesday) may well be playing a part too.
Do you know you had Omicron?

Marvin, that might make a few sceptics sit up and take notice but the vast majority of rabid anti-vaxxers are beyond help, due to them being so far down their rabbit holes that no amount of evidence will make them wake up and smell the coffee, short of them catching it so bad themselves that it leaves them in ICU gasping for air.
We’ve even got a couple of the idiots on this thread.

Of course it’s still early days but the experts are saying the data looks positive so far and there hasn’t been a huge nationwide increase in hospitalisations or deaths… so why the fuck should we ruin lives by locking down?
I don't think we should lock down, yet. Lockdowns cause so much more problems for society and should only be used as a last resort imo. We are not there yet for me. They should only be used if it looks like health systems will be over loaded. I am repeating myself but i choose to isolate my self from people( except for parks at a distance and facetime, mates on ps5 etc) because my docs scared the shit out of me by saying i am in the very high risk % because of my condition. I also live with someone and she has asthma and other lung problems. We look healthy outwards but conditions mean we isolate to a large degree. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It's a fucking nightmare.
I want Omicron to be milder more than most and cling to any post that puts a reputable link up. i only state that people should wait for scientific consensus and listen to experts. That's all. I don't think that's controversial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.