Well 3 - 10 October the latest data from hospital here

Scotland patients over the week were:-

768 - 794 - 827 - 831 - 848 - 839 - 861 - 869

Ventilated here:- 9 - 8 - 9 - 9 - 8 - 8 - 7 - 4

And Wales patients over the week:

535 - 565 - 578 - 592 - 609 - 621 - 661 - 647

Ventilated here:-

8 - 9 - 9 - 8 - 8 - 10 - 8 - 7

The pattern is similar to England with flattening off and recent hints of a fall.

That is definitely all the numbers until next Thursday

In the UK 12,124 patients with Covid and just 232 of them on ventilators.

Under 2% - much less as a percebtage than before the vaccines

This time last year there were half as many patients in hospital with Covid but three times as many as now of that lower number were on ventilators

Had a stonking headache since Sunday, that only solpadine will shift and even then for 3 hours max, along with sore throat, watery eyes, slight cough and runny nose.

Tested and not covid surprisingly, so still not had it to my knowledge. Tis the season for many a virus though, at least if it sees me off I won't have to worry about the energy bill.

In other news my employer has not officially cancelled the annual flu vouchers in a cost cutting exercise, but is severely dragging their heels to ensure that we won't get them this side of Christmas in the hope we'll get fed up and book the jab ourselves independently, or make use of flexible working to log on from home whilst ill.

Last edited:
Don't know whether it is psychological or not but had my fourth jab a week last Monday but felt tired and bit rough from Tuesday onward, started with a bit of a sore throat on Sunday then felt like I was starting with a cold over the next couple of days. Have tested every other day just in case but all were negative. Felt back to normal yesterday and today.
This jab was Moderna, so have had all three types now, each time I have felt off to varying degrees. Wife has had all four jabs with no side effects at all.

Had a stonking headache since Sunday, that only solpadine will shift and even then for 3 hours max, along with sore throat, watery eyes, slight cough and runny nose.

Tested and not covid surprisingly, so still not had it to my knowledge. Tis the season for many a virus though, at least if it sees me off I won't have to worry about the energy bill.

In other news my employer has not officially cancelled the annual flu vouchers in a cost cutting exercise, but is severely dragging their heels to ensure that we won't get them this side of Christmas in the hope we'll get fed up and book the jab ourselves independently, or make use of flexible working to log on from home whilst ill.
Wife just had it, tested positive for over a week. I had exactly the same in terms of the symptoms etc though never tested positive. The experts opinion is that if a bodies immune system can get to work soon enough and suppress the viral load, a lateral flow test will show as negative - I tried two different types of test over the course of the the week along side the missus tests, hers going positive in a matter of seconds, mine staying negative.

Wife just had it, tested positive for over a week. I had exactly the same in terms of the symptoms etc though never tested positive. The experts opinion is that if a bodies immune system can get to work soon enough and suppress the viral load, a lateral flow test will show as negative - I tried two different types of test over the course of the the week along side the missus tests, hers going positive in a matter of seconds, mine staying negative.
Cheers, that's interesting to hear.

COVID-19 infections in the UK have soared by almost a third in just a week, according to the latest official estimates.

Data released by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) shows that in the week ending 3 October the number of people testing positive for coronavirus stood at 1.7 million.

This is up 31% from 1.3 million in the previous week - the biggest hike since June.

Avoided it for the best part of 2 years ,always tested negative when i have needed to check . woke up in the middle of the night with a really heavy headache, tested this morning and the red lines were nearly neon !!! chest is now tight and heavy and rasping cough yep got it and got it heavy as well bugger !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.