Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Go watch and listen to Professor Dr John Ashton, former regional director for public health for the north west.

He's just been on sky news again.

This guy knows what he is talking about and calling out the government and their health and scientific advisors.

Keep sports going, review football 4 April, protect big business, fuck the plebs, let's bury our heads and cross our fingers. And if we have to lose a few oldens along the way then so be it.

They might come to an outcome of top 2 of championship come up leagues finishes as is liverpool champions and next season have 5 relegated

EquatorialRemorsefulDore-small.gif
LMAO

Against one club, Liverpool, as they are the only one with a stake in that scenario. If they start relegating, promoting teams etc. there's going to be 10+ clubs bringing legal action.
They’re not entirely alone. Leicester, for example, would join in. As would United in the hope that our ban is upheld. As would Leeds and WBA although they would probably be in a weaker position.

If they come up with a formula for determining final positions, the three relegated teams would probably sue. Spurs might on the basis that voiding the season would give them a CL place. But they’d be a laughing stock.

As I understand it the absence of any clearly defined rules means that the PL would be fairly safe from losing a legal challenge, providing they act reasonably and follow their normal procedures as far as possible. So any solution would require a two thirds majority.

Then West Brom and Leeds would sue the bejesus out of everybody. A can of worms.
Thank you for pointing out that not only Livarpool are going to get dicked over, but Leeds United are too.

Oh dear, what a shame. It’s only down side is missing out on Villa going down after having had to mingle with their scrotey fans in the train queue at Wembley. You can’t have everything I guess.

Just to give a heads up on sky.
I've just phoned sky to cancel sky sports.
I was told as I was in contract until October I would not be able to cancel and even if I did I was informed it would cost me £60.
I asked to speak to a manager and I then pointed out that I only signed up for Sky sports for football as I have no Interest in any other of their sporting offerings.
And without Premier league football Sky had actually broke their own terms of said contract.
The out come was they have cancelled my subscription to Sky sports until the Premier League resumes and they have done this free of charge.

Fuck them. Don’t think teams are going to agree to be relegated so we shouldn’t agree to hand over the title. Tell them we would do normally but given their record for bottling it we still think we can catch them again!

So true mate,they wont want any other teams playing the victim card(which they are Fking World Champs at)
They be only thinking we deserve it,fk the rest,Agree with you about us catching them,looking at their passed games recently.
But and its a Big BUT,if we do have to hand it over to them,let thrashes it like they did to our Bus,On Collyhurst finest police station car-park
And mersyside finest can look into it..

Whatever happens now the entire season will be utterly tainted anyway, will always end up being the season where teams were promoted, relegated, won titles, missed Champs League etc off the back of a pandemic in the history books, you will have players who wouldn't have been fit playing in matches they wouldn't have played in, out of contract players still registered as part of the squad, loan players returning back to parent clubs but being unable to play, it's a minefield trying to shoe horn that in out of season imo.

Go watch and listen to Professor Dr John Ashton, former regional director for public health for the north west.

He's just been on sky news again.

This guy knows what he is talking about and calling out the government and their health and scientific advisors.

Keep sports going, review football 4 April, protect big business, fuck the plebs, let's bury our heads and cross our fingers. And if we have to lose a few oldens along the way then so be it.

Totally agree mate,its nothing short of a disgrace saying we may lose family members before there time is due.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.