Cotto-Pacquiao

goatfeeder100

Anyone watching this megafight this weekend? Who's your pick? Many people predict that Pac's speed will be the key to the fight but Cotto is far too smart to be outdone by a guy who is simply quicker than he. He has dealt brilliantly with quick fighters before. For me it is a 50/50 fight, Cotto has to get through the first 3 or 4 rounds when Manny is bound to try to overwhelm him. If the fight reaches the mid-rounds with Cotto still competitive then it is anybody's fight.

goatfeeder100 said:
Anyone watching this megafight this weekend? Who's your pick? Many people predict that Pac's speed will be the key to the fight but Cotto is far too smart to be outdone by a guy who is simply quicker than he. He has dealt brilliantly with quick fighters before. For me it is a 50/50 fight, Cotto has to get through the first 3 or 4 rounds when Manny is bound to try to overwhelm him. If the fight reaches the mid-rounds with Cotto still competitive then it is anybody's fight.

can't wait for it pal...I think Pac man will win. My dad went over yesterday to Vegas...ringside tickets as well. I fucking hate him for it.

Sorry m8, was a hand picked fight for manny to try and combat a great tactician before he fights 'the greatest' of them all....pretty boy. Mannys work rate will see him through this one, possible TKO late on. You have to put this in perspective, and it is isn't taking anything away from cotto, but mayweather v pacquiao will be the biggest grossing bout of all time, each chose opponents for there respected styles, a warm up if you will.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Sorry m8, was a hand picked fight for manny to try and combat a great tactician before he fights 'the greatest' of them all....pretty boy. Mannys work rate will see him through this one, possible TKO late on. You have to put this in perspective, and it is isn't taking anything away from cotto, but mayweather v pacquiao will be the biggest grossing bout of all time, each chose opponents for there respected styles, a warm up if you will.

Spot on mate, whilst it is a bit disrespectful for Cotto to be thought of as a warm up act in this case I think he is. Like you say the money riding on Mayweather- Pacquiao will be phenomenal. Still, Cotto will, as ever will make it an interesting contest but can't see him having enough to beat Manny.

Saturday is going to be great kick off the night with the Ireland match. A starter of boxing on RTE with the Andy Lee fight and if that is over early may even get in the UFC then the main course the Cotto Pacquiao fight I wont move that night get some beers in happy days.

Predictions Ireland to win 2-1 with Robbie Keane scoring first goal.
Cotto to KO Pacman round 8. Just dont think Pacman will be able to live with Cottos power it will be a great fight with a load of knock downs.

leighton said:
Saturday is going to be great kick off the night with the Ireland match. A starter of boxing on RTE with the Andy Lee fight and if that is over early may even get in the UFC then the main course the Cotto Pacquiao fight I wont move that night get some beers in happy days.

Predictions Ireland to win 2-1 with Robbie Keane scoring first goal.
Cotto to KO Pacman round 8. Just dont think Pacman will be able to live with Cottos power it will be a great fight with a load of knock downs.

i'll take that bet......... on both counts.
Ireland wont win saturday, draw at best, and you serious, cotto to ko pac? naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I've just got a feeling this may turn out to be a disappointing fight. Would like Pacman to who but just see Cotto grinding him down on points or late, late stoppage

Pac has been felled with body-shots in the past and he won't have faced anyone who hits as hard to the body (yes Cotto hits harder than Hatton). If Cotto can go to the body early he'll put money in the bank. Pac will slow down. Cotto also has the ability to outbox Pacquiao.

Hatton and ODLH flattered Pacquiao a little, but having said that Margarito seems to have taken a bit out of Cotto so in an all out war, his mentality might let him down. I really can't choose. Anything can happen in this fight. I am pretty sure Mayweather will face and beat both at some point though.

ono said:
Pac has been felled with body-shots in the past and he won't have faced anyone who hits as hard to the body (yes Cotto hits harder than Hatton). If Cotto can go to the body early he'll put money in the bank. Pac will slow down. Cotto also has the ability to outbox Pacquiao.

Hatton and ODLH flattered Pacquiao a little, but having said that Margarito seems to have taken a bit out of Cotto so in an all out war, his mentality might let him down. I really can't choose. Anything can happen in this fight. I am pretty sure Mayweather will face and beat both at some point though.

The only truth in that whole statement is the last sentence....... hatton always been overrated, his shear support made fights for him. Diaz, morales and barrera all better at going to the body than cotto, you cant hit what you cant see. And longsight your right, styles make fights but thats the whole point of this fight, to see if pac can grind out a result thus giving him a slight chance against the superior mayweather.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
ono said:

The only truth in that whole statement is the last sentence....... hatton always been overrated, his shear support made fights for him. Diaz, morales and barrera all better at going to the body than cotto, you cant hit what you cant see. And longsight your right, styles make fights but thats the whole point of this fight, to see if pac can grind out a result thus giving him a slight chance against the superior mayweather.
They might go to the body better but if you think Diaz, Morales and Barrera carry more power than Cotto, then frankly, you're wrong. Cotto destroyed Quintana with body shots. Quintana is no Pacquiao, but he is naturally much heavier. If Cotto can hit Pac to the body, then he will hurt him.

We all know Pac can grind out a decision. The 2 fights against Marquez support this. As do the gruelling fights against Barrera and Morales (even tho he lost 1).

What else was incorrect about my statment? Hatton and ODLH flattered Pacquiao a bit? I stand by that observasion. Cotto can outbox Pacquiao? Again i stand by that observasion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.