COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some contrasting messages there. It's not an official trial, but it's also the first comprehensive clinical trial? What's the difference?

the official trial is being conducted by Gilead, the company that produces the drug and there trial will have a larger sample size than the Chinese one and therefore should provide more comprehensive data when results are released in the next few weeks as they will have also tested the drug at various stages of the patients point of infection.

China’s trial ran out of recruits to come to a definitive conclusion but still retained some elements of what a more extensive trial would undertake...let’s see what their findings are.

Tomorrow - Friday - I should have been having a colonoscopy. Had one before and not a big deal for me - better safe than sorry. Its a regular 3 year screening thing. It was cancelled 3 weeks ago and on hearing tonight that 2 people died today of Covid-19 in the hospital where I was supposed to go I have to say I feel thats a result. I would have cancelled myself had the NHS not done so for me - hospitals are a dangerous place at the moment and I really wouldn't want to be there. Thats why we clap those who work there on a Thursday - hero's seems too small a word

Mate's funeral tomorrow, can't even go or give him the send off he deserves but will have a good drink for him in the house.

Hard times mate. Matters not the cause of death the funeral rules remain the same- I am wondering whether - when this is all over - there will be so many families and groups wanting to hold a memorial service that maybe there needs to be a day of national remembrance - like remembrance day - when the nation can join together in church services to remember those who passed and for whom there was no service, no wake no nothing?

GD wrote a credible hypothesis on this back on page 3510
3YQSptU.jpg

Either way - lungs or nicotine maybe they should be re-writing the messages on fag packets

Hard times mate. Matters not the cause of death the funeral rules remain the same- I am wondering whether - when this is all over - there will be so many families and groups wanting to hold a memorial service that maybe there needs to be a day of national remembrance - like remembrance day - when the nation can join together in church services to remember those who passed and for whom there was no service, no wake no nothing?
Yeah that sounds like a good idea mate, we'll all get together at some point in the future and mourn those who have left us during this awful virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.