COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They changed the dosing strategy yesterday. There is currently one dosing strategy for both vaccines. We get two doses but instead of 21 days apart it's now up to 12 weeks apart.

I think the argument is to surge as much vaccine as possible into people whilst we're facing a spike.

It makes sense. You reach more people over a period of time but those at the top of the list wont get the maximum immunity until a little later yet they think it will be adequate to prevent serious illness.
Thanks a lot Marvin. It makes sense to optimise use of the vaccines we have but the concerns raised by Pfizer, as well as BMA, about reducing the efficacy of the vaccinations need to be addressed I feel.

No of course you can't. But you can initiate a lockdown with strong leadership and say do things to deter people. Up the fines, fine everyone in a house who breaks the rules. This lack of leadership at the minute is akin to burying your head in the sand.
Oh what have you done

Tributes have poured in for an "inspirational" secondary school teacher and beloved father-of-three who died of Covid just two days after Christmas.

Paul Hilditch, 55, had no underlying health conditions and it is unclear how he caught the virus before his death on Sunday.

It did, everyone up to 4th Jan will stay on track, those after will be delayed, the vaccine people have said there is enough immunity by 3 weeks from one dose, that the second can be delayed, so they can get more first doses to more people.
Sorry for duplicating your reply. I didn't see it.

Tributes have poured in for an "inspirational" secondary school teacher and beloved father-of-three who died of Covid just two days after Christmas.

Paul Hilditch, 55, had no underlying health conditions and it is unclear how he caught the virus before his death on Sunday.

RIP Paul.

I agree, I imagine people were shocked when the first bombs of the second war fell in a City, but after a few months, and with many more bombs falling, people just got on with it without the shock any more.
Even the bombs may not have affected them that much, you have to remember that most of the people around in those days will have lived through WW1 and the Spannish flu pandemic not to mention diseases such as polio, measles and scarlet fever. Mortality will have been a greater part of every day life which would have led them to be more accepting of it.

Is one of the issues with this eking out of the vaccine to try to give some protection to more people also rather counter medical opinion on use of antibiotics.

These are not being used as much as they were without proven need because overusing them made the bug they fought have more chances to find ways to become immune by greater exposure to the counter measure and how to get around it.

Is there a risk maximising the number of people who see the vaccine without them having real protection might indeed only get mildly sick but also thereby give the virus a longer stay in the body of those it does this to -maximising the risk it will have more opportunity to find a way round the vaccine altogether?

I don't know the science so that might be gibberish.

But is there some kind of balance between immunising as many as possible and giving some immunity before that might happen anyway and speeding up the time before that might happen by many more opportunities to face the vaccine?

After all you save nothing if you then have to wait months for them to reprogram a vaccine that stops working.

Important thread. Conclusion basically being "the UK government is running a real-time experiment on its population, let's hope it works".

As soon as the mutation was recognised as a big threat we were always going to have to think on our feet , if the scientist need to alter things then i trust them , they know what they are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.