COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pity that yet another cock up of the web site delayed figures by hours meaning it missed all the regional news programmes too and many who read it on here have likely given up and gone.

If I was of a mind to think conspiracies......

But I suspect given the track record cock up is way more likely.

Unfortunate nonetheless that most people will miss this news today.

Either the NW is peaking naturally or tier 3 has worked as GM is now replicating the same kind of drop we saw in Merseyside after they entered tier 3 first.

Liverpool 21 days ago 478, 14 days ago 295. 7 days ago 192 and today 186.

Knowsley 21 days ago 175, 14 days ago 138, 7 days ago, 61 and today 64.

Wirral 21 days ago 168, 14 days ago 133, 7 days ago 121 and today 74.

So this has not been a short term fall on Merseyside.

Pity that yet another cock up of the web site delayed figures by hours meaning it missed all the regional news programmes too and many who read it on here have likely given up and gone.

If I was of a mind to think conspiracies......

But I suspect given the track record cock up is way more likely.

Unfortunate nonetheless that most people will miss this news today.
I was a bit shocked to hear on the news that 600 staff are sick or isolating at Derby NHS Trust. The staff are finding the virus tougher in busy hospitals this time around because they are trying everything to deliver the “routine” work as well as the Covid care. In the first wave it was virtually all Covid patients.

If it's about saving lives why was it ok for 3 million cancer screenings to be cancelled between March and September?
It wasn’t OK. The scanners were in parts of many hospitals that were overrun with Covid patients. Sir Simon Stephens said during the presser last week that he was confident that funding had been secured for many extra scanners to be funded and placed in the community so diagnostic tests could be maintained in future.

An over simplified analogy from one as intelligent as yourself, therefore to coin a phrase..it must be tongue in cheek. Bevin said our welfare state was set up for all, including smokers, drinkers, fat people, partakers of extreme sports, drug abusers and even folk that wish to make their own educated or uneducated choice re vaccination. We are all tax payers and pay into "the pot" and nobody should be peer pressured into taking a vaccine if they do not feel confident to do so. Regarding choice I just opened a packet of Tesco cod fillet for my tea and the stench was horrendous. As I was preparing my parsley sauce the wife asked if I was actually going to eat it as it spelt so strong. As I prepped the sauce on the pan she hastily rushed the loins outside, binning them with extreme prejudice. The packet said eat by the 4th November which I had overlooked, however it was hermosetically sealed in my opinion should have still been good to go. If I was wheeled into casualty would it have been right and fitting for them to refuse treatment for making a bad life choice by imbibing parasitically laden-ed bacteria that caused me to wretch of scomboid fever. Why no, because I will have just made a poorly executed choice by not reading and availing of the use by date. Before I have the vaccine I shall do my own research and if and when I am good and ready then I may or may not allow my self to be injected.
Love it Bob as usual...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.