COVID drinking.....

Rammy Blue

Not going to steal @kevin horlocks wand thunder by claiming this thread, however it’s a very fine and valid conversation that can probably stay outside of main thread.

I tried near the start of lockdown to have a day off from the booze, but got to about 8pm and just thought what’s the fucking point.

My day(s) since lockdown pretty much follow a very simple, distinct pattern:

1. Out of bed at 7.00, coffee and iPad and depending on what day it is an hour or two of work, answering emails etc
2. Go for 5k run at about 10.00 with whichever members of family are up for it that day.
3. Lunch about 12.30 with again a bit of work thrown in either side, start to think about what I’ll be drinking.
4. Long walk with dog at about 14.00, again with whichever members of family what the fresh air and exercise, get back and continue to think about what my evening tipple will be.
5. Afternoon nap, dream about drinking.
6. Start to clock watch about exactly what time to start drinking, and of course make the decision about which drink I’m going to embrace.
7. Anywhere between 17.00 and 19.00 succumb to the alcohol.
8. Hope the missus goes to bed early so I can watch my own preference on the tv, and get really stuck into the beverage.
9. Stumble upstairs circa 0.00/0.30

Rinse repeat.

Was introduced to the DryDays app at Christmas so decided to give it a go from January 1st.
Realised just how much we downed when skiing or at the match.

So, since before the Cup Final I’ve been consciously cutting down.
On Friday I finally caught up so I have had as many dry days as drinking days.
Today I’m two in front. Drinking approximately twice a week now, sometimes less.

Had a curry for tea, normally with a Cobra, tonight with a Coke.

Not going to steal @kevin horlocks wand thunder by claiming this thread, however it’s a very fine and valid conversation that can probably stay outside of main thread.

I tried near the start of lockdown to have a day off from the booze, but got to about 8pm and just thought what’s the fucking point.

My day(s) since lockdown pretty much follow a very simple, distinct pattern:

1. Out of bed at 7.00, coffee and iPad and depending on what day it is an hour or two of work, answering emails etc
2. Go for 5k run at about 10.00 with whichever members of family are up for it that day.
3. Lunch about 12.30 with again a bit of work thrown in either side, start to think about what I’ll be drinking.
4. Long walk with dog at about 14.00, again with whichever members of family what the fresh air and exercise, get back and continue to think about what my evening tipple will be.
5. Afternoon nap, dream about drinking.
6. Start to clock watch about exactly what time to start drinking, and of course make the decision about which drink I’m going to embrace.
7. Anywhere between 17.00 and 19.00 succumb to the alcohol.
8. Hope the missus goes to bed early so I can watch my own preference on the tv, and get really stuck into the beverage.
9. Stumble upstairs circa 0.00/0.30

Rinse repeat.

STALKER !!!!!!

I'm worried the recycling people will grass us up for having parties. We haven't, but it looks like it
We had them taking photos with our bin, last week.They stood with one foot on top, like they'd conquered Everest.
Heard one of them say " make sure you get the bin in".
Proud doesn't even begin to cover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.