Credit Crunch idea

barryo

Following on from the announcement that Villareal will be allowing people who have lost their jobs (because of the credit crunch) in to see matches for free how about the highly paid players putting some of their hard earned back into the game by paying for a few season tickets to be made available for our fans who have lost their jobs too.

It would be the opposite of sponsoring a player!

The more they earn the more season cards they could buy?

Not sure how to work out who would deserve the tickets but I think that in these exceptional and unprecedented financial times, an act of unprecedented 'giving back' would go down well with true fans who are struggling.

barryo said:
Following on from the announcement that Villareal will be allowing people who have lost their jobs (because of the credit crunch) in to see matches for free how about the highly paid players putting some of their hard earned back into the game by paying for a few season tickets to be made available for our fans who have lost their jobs too.

Not sure how to work out who would deserve the tickets but I think that in these exceptional and unprecedented financial times, an act of unprecedented 'giving back' would go down well with true fans who are struggling.

How about the players give to more worthy causes...

(from a person that loses his job in a month, I would rather it went to something worthwhile)

Because clubs and managers can't do right for doing wrong these days. Everybody wants that little bit more, I mean if they were to do that what next? Free tickets for all? Free travel to games? Free beer and meal at the match?

I'm not having a go at you, in principal the idea is sound but it's all getting a little silly. IMO either you can afford a season ticket or you can't, they're not that expensive at our place compared to others. If you can't afford it then go to the games you can afford and wait until you're back on your feet.

SouthStand211 said:
barryo said:

How about the players give to more worthy causes...

(from a person that loses his job in a month, I would rather it went to something worthwhile)

They may well do that already.....I just thought that it might bring back a bit of good will in Football in general.

We could put the players in the stand for one game a year and pic 11 randoms fans out of the crowd from both sides instead.
Now that would e funny!

5knuckleshuffle said:
We could put the players in the stand for one game a year and pic 11 randoms fans out of the crowd from both sides instead.
Now that would e funny!

Bags all the pens and free kicks, corners, throw ins, drop balls, and no subs for me. And I ain't bloody well tracking back to cover for that bloody useless left full back we might get from Lower tier or Tier 2!

Bluemoon115 said:
They just made tickets £5 and got slaughtered for doing so, they can't win.

Exactly...and in general whenever subjects like this come up us City fans have turned the party into a beggars banquet.

Sheikh Mansour is the clubs owner, not the sugar daddy of every individual fan.

Maybe just maybe if someone tried to tell me what to spend my wages on ill tell them to fuckoff...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.