******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ********The Ashes********

kippaxwarrior said:
I said this in the England thread that this Australian side is the worst ive ever seen in my lifetime and are nowhere near good enough to beat England. Only Clarke would be good enough to get in the England side

They got absolutely battered in India just a couple of months after England won there
Their batting is average at best(apart from Clarke) and although they have a decent bowling attack its young and inexperienced

4-0 England

This would be my starting 11 for Wednesday

Cook
Root
Trott
KP
Bell
Prior
Bresnan
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Finn

If we win the toss i would expect us to bat first and put the Aussie bowlers under pressure,pile on the runs and then unleash the bowlers. Swann will be key for the Aussie 2nd inning because by then the pitch will be ripe for spin and Australia have a few left handers

I have the feeling if Clarke wins the toss he will bowl

2-1 Australia

Siddle top run scorer
Pattinson top wicket taker

I really can't see anything other than a comfortable win for England. This series has come at least 18 months too soon for Australia and I don't see enough strength in depth from them in either the Batting or the Bowling and it looks the poorest travelling side since the team that David Hookes brought over. I am going 3 - 0 to England.

For the stand outs from the series;

Cook and Broard and Watson and Pattinson.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Have SKY set up a new Sports Channel for The Ashes like the F1 channel ?

Yes. SS2 is now the Ashes channel for the next couple of months

The lions and now Murray all win they were underdogs lets hope the underdogs don't win the ashes

top scorer Cook
top bowler Anderson

Score 3-0 England.

Dr Jacoby said:
2-1 Australia

Siddle top run scorer
Pattinson top wicket taker
I hope you went to the bookies with that, I should imagine the odds are very high (mainly as it's a ridiculous prediction).<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:52 pm --<br /><br />
waspish said:
The lions and now Murray all win they were underdogs lets hope the underdogs don't win the ashes
I am pretty sure the Lions were favourites going into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.