******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught the end of a game Hobart (Stuart Broad) against whatever team Shand Watson plays for.

Was just a slog fest. When T20 came in it was quite exciting but there's only so many times you can see someone heave it to the boundary off consecutive balls before you get bored. They need to do something to help bowlers.

I agree to an extent. There's no variety to it, every game is a similar score set with similar strike rates, similar bowling figures etc. It has a lot of momentum at the moment but I wonder if long term people will then start looking for something else.

When do we do anything other than struggle at Lords in a test match?

The home of cricket for every side except our own it seems at times.

Review system mastery in full effect.
Jennings didn't review. Would have been reversed.
Ballance did review. As plumb as a plumb thing.

That pitch be better for batting tomorrow hardest day was today. Could of done with losing the toss. Dont get 350 on that pitch we up against it.

Indeed. Has Boycott stopped eulogising about the Yorkshire players yet?

I suppose he was not in a position to tell about the Jennings one, but the review on his was curious.

Does he ever?

Ballance couldn't have advised on where the ball pitched, but he should have been able to tell Jennings it was moving down leg and worth a review. His one was ridiculous. He stands that far back in his crease he should never be allowed such a review anyway; unless he told Root he'd nicked it, the skipper ought to take some of the blame, too. Bit of Yorkshire sympathy.

Does he ever?

Ballance couldn't have advised on where the ball pitched, but he should have been able to tell Jennings it was moving down leg and worth a review. His one was ridiculous. He stands that far back in his crease he should never be allowed such a review anyway; unless he told Root he'd nicked it, the skipper ought to take some of the blame, too. Bit of Yorkshire sympathy.

On the Jennings one, it was to be missing completely once given out (ignoring the point of pitch), so Ballance may have been unsighted by the bat (for example). After that, it's a mater of watching the keeper.

That's what I thought about his own one though. The only possible reason was if he hit it.

Bairstow's delay in leaving was presumably due to asking Root for an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.