Cricket Thread

It's probably the correct decision. He's 42 in July, and pace bowling is punishing on the body, and he's had his share of injuries down the years. Those injuries take longer to recover from as you get older. Also, he's unlikely to be more of a threat as the years are ticking by. He's been a fantastic servant to England down the years. 3rd in the list of all time test wicket takers, only behind Muralitharan and Warne. Both of them phenomenal spinners. Jimmy is nearly 100 wickets ahead of the second placed quickie (Broad, who's also retired now). I'm sure he'll get plenty of media work; he seems at ease behind the mic.

It's probably the correct decision. He's 42 in July, and pace bowling is punishing on the body, and he's had his share of injuries down the years. Those injuries take longer to recover from as you get older. Also, he's unlikely to be more of a threat as the years are ticking by. He's been a fantastic servant to England down the years. 3rd in the list of all time test wicket takers, only behind Muralitharan and Warne. Both of them phenomenal spinners. Jimmy is nearly 100 wickets ahead of the second placed quickie (Broad, who's also retired now). I'm sure he'll get plenty of media work; he seems at ease behind the mic.
Needs 9 wickets at Lords to overtake Warne!

It's 2 years too late for me, Sort of took the shine of a great bowler watching his last 2 summers and the last ashes.
Jimmy Going out at the top in a blaze of glory instead of a little token offer and a wave sort of sums up Jimmy Anderson in a nutshell,

The best fast bowler in the world, Many records broken and a highlight reel 2nd to none.
Jimmy Anderson take a bow

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.