Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said it's a panic signing. The guy is pushing 37 ffs. I know the bedwetters are all shitting themselves on here that we don't have a striker and the possibility of us not winning the league every season is terrifying for them so I can see why they would take anyone at this point but it's a ridiculous signing. He and his agent want one last pay day and we should not be offering it. Go with what we have got even if we don't win the league and revaluate next summer to see what's available.
In some ways it makes sense though, if we make some assumptions. In light of some strikers in their prime not coming to City (Kane/Lukaku), it seems likely as things stand that we will go down the route of signing a younger project player next summer. The unlikely dream is Haaland of course, but there’s also Vlahovic or even Liam Delap if we truly believe in him. So a short term fix followed by a long term solution makes sense, as it buys us another year to assess Delap’s development, and Vlahovic’s for that matter. And anyone else that bursts onto the scene.

Not sure about that, mate. Ronaldo is the best header of a ball I've ever seen and a ridiculously good two-footed finisher. We shouldn't have been signing Kane to 'offer more'. We have more than enough creativity and players who can drop deep and play between the lines. We're crying out for a penalty box player. I'm convinced Ronaldo offers us as many goals as Kane for 18-24 months.
Ronaldo guarantees 40 goals a season.

At 37 he scores more then the strikers we have lol. He is not your average 37yr old. He is a pure athlete that takes care of his body more then his family lol and an absolute clinical finished. Amazing header of the ball and hell a great pk taker. Everything we need even if he gives us goals for one year it will be be worth it.
Why do people ignore this? he's 37 but fitter than most 25 year olds. his lifestyle is peak professional. Look at the state some players come back from holidays in. He isn't riding his name alone he is still a world class player and has been for 13 years.

dfgdf.png

The most annoying thing - and I know it shouldn’t annoy me - is that fans seem to think players still (I say still because it was no doubt once a major factor) join us for money.

Utd haven’t finished above us for nearly a decade and we’ve won 3 of the last 4 league titles. Idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.