Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is being seduced because he's been one of the best player in the world for such a long time, but he's not worth 25 million at 36 years old. Also he is just a stop gap, if we are so professional off the pitch how come we have got to this stage of the transfer without replacing our main centre forward, everybody including our owners know what Levy is like. Forwards should of been scouted long ago not trying desperately to sign a 36 year old in the dying embers of a transfer window.

Aim of the summer

Replace sergio with a player who can potentially score 30+ goals for 2-4 seasons
Develop delap here or on loan and torres as future forwards.

So the first objective will be met at for 2 years but could be 4 and for 1/6 of the price of our original option.

Not that bad a bit of business tbf for me the only loser is Kane who has been denied a move, we don't suffer at all.

I think deadline could be midday Friday. I could be wrong.

Hold your horses. Since we’ve now left the EU don’t any new players from Europe need to get these ‘new’ work permit visas which thanks to this country’s inept efficiency take a few days to process hence the unveiling delay of recent Premiership signings of Romero & Varane.

Everyone is being seduced because he's been one of the best player in the world for such a long time, but he's not worth 25 million at 36 years old. Also he is just a stop gap, if we are so professional off the pitch how come we have got to this stage of the transfer without replacing our main centre forward, everybody including our owners know what Levy is like. Forwards should of been scouted long ago not trying desperately to sign a 36 year old in the dying embers of a transfer window.

If we win the UCL you cannot argue that he isn't worth it. And this isnt FIFA, not every signing has to be a long term plan. This team is good enough to contend now and should be looking to win now. Ronaldo is a "win now" signing.

And if youve followed this saga at all, the last thing we've been at any point is desperate. He wants to come here.

Signing Harry Kane for 150m is desperate. Signing Ronaldo for 25m even if only for 2 years is the heist of the decade.

He's a megastar with a distinctive brand, massive endorsement deals, a highlight reel of meaningful moments in huge games, maybe the most famous peer-to-peer rivalry in the history of football and is arguably in the top 5 players of all time.

It'd be baffling if he wasn't more famous than KDB or Foden.
Just out of curiosity I checked Lebron James instagram and he's got 96M followers. Ronaldo has 333M...

Mate, only an hour ago it was on SSN & several news sources on Newsnow that PSG could be in the mix if Real meet their price for Mbappé.

Can you seriously rule it out? Also, if PSG were to show their Mbappé hand, it would weaken their "Mbappé is not for sale for any less than we paid for him."

The reality is City need a striker, Ronaldo wants out of Juve. Juve want rid of Ronaldo for & £25m, so what's the delay from City's side if we're interested in him at £15m per season wages? Summat doesn't make sense to me mate.

Hopefully I'm wrong as for footballing reasons I'd love Ronaldo here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.