Cry for help - Save SC Veendam

SaveVeendam

Please help dear Citizens,

My name is Andy. I'm a fan of SC Veendam, the team Gerard Wiekens played for before moving to Manchester City (and he came back to Veendam in 2004).

Veendam is in dire need at the moment because last monday (the 25th), the court in Groningen declared SC Veendam's bankruptcy.. A sad day for the fans, players, staff and Dutch football in general.. and here is why...

SC Veendam has never really accomplished anything since the club was founded in 1894. The highlights are two season in the Dutch premier league (86-87 and 88-89). So when it comes to achievements they are pretty insignificant in Dutch football, but they are very significant when it comes to history, culture and nostalgia. Veendam is located in the north-east of the country, a very remote place. An away-game vs. Veendam was something no player was looking forward to..

The stadium of Veendam is famous in the entire country. It is named "de Langeleegte" ("the long-emptiness"). The opponent had to travel all the way to the north-east corner of the country, where they had to play in a cold and windy stadium called the long-emptiness. For opponents and away-fans it is a place where the world ends... and there are people playing football there..

When Dutch premier-league teams are on a relegation spot in the table, they are mocked with the fact that they have to go to Veendam next year..
Veendam is important to Dutch football! Veendam has become a symbol of low-level football, a desolate place and struggle for survival. And now all this history, nostalgia and culture is about to disappear.

SC Veendam has until april 2nd to avoid a definitive bankruptcy. Crowdfunding projects have been started and one of them is an initiative started by Henk de Haan. If this project raises 200.000, investors are willing to renegotiate. This project ask for a euro or more, as much as one would like.

So as a fan of flat-broke SC Veendam to the fans of the richest club in the world.. help!! This club cannot and should not disappear!

To SC Veendam
IBAN/SEPA Number: NL24RABO0171001699
BIC Number: RABONL2U
Bankname: Rabobank

And please help get this message out to other parts of the forum/world (since i'm not able to start a topic yet).

Thank you in advance!

Andy

One of the richest clubs in the world, some of the poorest fans in England. This post is ridiculous.

City Raider said:
Good luck but it's a little lazy if you've made the assumption we are rich because our owner is - have you checked the population demographic of Manchester?
Aaronj said:
One of the richest clubs in the world, some of the poorest fans in England. This post is ridiculous.

I didn't say that city fans are rich "So as a fan of flat-broke SC Veendam to the fans of the richest club in the world..", i try to choose my words wisely..

I'll buy an half n half scarf if that helps.

Have you signed up to every former players ex clubs fans forum or just the richest owned club in the world?

Tongue tied typing that

And again.

i really hope the club doesn't fold, it's always sad to see

but i agree with previous posts on the line
to the fans of the richest club in the world.. help!!

bit like us getting charged ridiculous amounts for categorically 1 tickets. they think because the club is rich, so are the fans and we're not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.