Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Sterling especially is ineffective quite often as a sub. But both he and Jesus and especially Gundogan have a good knack of grabbing a goal. All them giants stood in a line last night, i’m sure Sterling may have found a tired limb to run in to!
Yeah maybe although in the league Jesus hasn’t scored since Sept and only has 2 goals all season. I think Pep has lost a bit of faith in him and Sterling’s purple patch lasted about 5 games.

We didn't play as well at Everton or against Peterborough but won, then played - imho - better at Palace but only drew. That's the way it goes. It'll probably happen for Liverpool too before the seasons over - perhaps starting tomorrow night with one of their toughest games of the season. To my mind, Palace away - especially this season under Vieira - is one of the toughest we can face. They are a bogey team for us, so it was no surprise we didn't win. We had plenty of chances and on another day, we could have had 3 goals easily, but it wasn't our night; simple as.
We managed to win late at Arsenal; Liverpool won at Palace. Will they win at Arsenal? Not long to wait to find out.

You are right. Subs would not have made a difference. They weren't suddenly going to find space. There was no space.
There was no space because we allow that situation to develop.Our constant slow,tedious build ups allows and encourages the opposition to stay behind the ball or get behind it when required.
We need an outlet or a plan B that doesn't involve taking longer to get forward than our opponents take to reorganise themselves and park the bus.

You say “he did his job” by getting CP a point by any means necessary. So would you like him to bring those tactics to City?
I take it you’re a teenager and dont remember the glory days of the Joe Royle / Frank Clarke / Brian Horton era when we employed similar tactics?…

I take it you’re a teenager and dont remember the glory days of the Joe Royle / Frank Clarke / Brian Horton era when we employed similar tactics?…
I remember those days perfectly. so your assumption is wrong.
I’d like to think we’ve improved significantly since those days.
Are you seriously advocating that we revert to that style of play when Pep leaves?

Yeah maybe although in the league Jesus hasn’t scored since Sept and only has 2 goals all season. I think Pep has lost a bit of faith in him and Sterling’s purple patch lasted about 5 games.
Well £100m Grealish hasn’t scored a league goal since middle of December and has 3 goals all season, and before you say he isn’t a striker neither is Jesus this season, he’s a winger, do you think this is a good return for money spent?

I remember those days perfectly. so your assumption is wrong.
I’d like to think we’ve improved significantly since those days.
Are you seriously advocating that we revert to that style of play when Pep leaves?
Obviously we have improved significantly since those times.

If ever we are shit again and find ourselves in division 1 then the manager will have to employ tactics necessary to get us points or he’ll be sacked. It’s happened before and it’ll happen again. You can’t play like Pep plays with shit players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.