Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

This was the most disappointing one for me, because at half time, I thought we looked back to our old selves. Yeah, we'd missed a couple of chances, but it looked like one of those classic 'grind them down and win comfortably' sort of games. At 2-0, I even commented that our defence looks solid again - not jumping in, patiently slowing them down and letting everyone get back into position before easily blocking anything they did. And then as quick as you like, we come up with two bits of calamitous defending and we've lost 2 points to a team that had 2 shots on target.

Team full of weaklings who can’t win a tackle. Foden, Lewis, Alverez and Bernado all 9 stone wet through and all weak as fuck when we are trying to see a game through.
Walker is thick as fucking with his rash decisions

Individually and collectively we've dropped a good 10% from last season and that's the difference between treble winners and just another top 6/4 side, which Is absolutely where we are at this moment in time.

More worrying is everytime a team attacks us we are at panic stations and look like conceeding everytime. Often we do. Pep has to start picking the back four that was superb last season. Walker and Gvardiol need dropping, both are liabilities at the moment.

Midfield is too lightweight and poor. Kev coming back should improve it but given his injury and age it's no guarantee. Upfront we are again lightweight and toothless without Haaland. Alvarez has regressed.

We lack pace and strong physical power all over the pitch. Mentally we are feeling sorry for ourselves and lack belief and confidence. We lack leaders which Is something I thought I'd never say.

Unless this malaise is addressed soon we will win nothing this season and face a fight to make the top four.

Today was totally unacceptable to drop points to an injury hit Palace side in a game we totally controlled for 99% of it.
10% seems generous…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.