Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

We've been in worse positions.

I'm just angry and frustrated now at the way we threw that away.

I'll calm down after I've had my dinner and appreciate what I'm seeing. We can be one of the richest clubs in the world but typical City is always there lurking in the background.

:)

Gvardiol and Guardiola were two hideous twins today, in control of the game for 70mins and Pep makes no subs, the line-up was bad enough but players were cleary fatigued Stones should've come on at 2-0 not 2-2!

Gvardiol defensively was shocking today, he creates chaos in our back line, 1-on-1 he might be worse than Laporte he certainly cannot play at LB needs benching.
He was terrible. Absolute howler of a performance defensively.

Logic comes from the last 7 years mate. We score for fun in the CL as everyone tries to play football. Palace and alike sit with a low block and score with their only shots.. this also happens every season.. and most of those seasons we won the league. That is where is where the logic comes from my friend.
And logic comes from the current team and current form. We've just about beat a team certain for relegation in our last 5 games.
Pointless comparing the team from 7 years ago against todays , that team like the subsequent ones, had leaders out on the pitch, sadly lacking that at the moment

Yep. He has been shite.
It all boils down to a lack of protection in the middle. With no Stones, Rodri is on his own, with no KDB, Rodri pushes up and leaves a massive gap behind him. With Walker and Gvardiol having permission to go forward, it essentially leaves 2 defenders on the counter. It didn't happen in the 3-2-4-1 formation, because there was clear demarcation of roles. The back 5 defended, that was mostly it, and it worked.

Personally, I don't understand why Bernardo isn't positioned right next to Rodri and told to control the game, we know he can do it. He did it when KDB was out, instead, he's creating overloads on the wings and leaving us light in the middle.

The fact that matches now last an extra 10 minutes probably means that Pep needs to revise his substitutions. Bring on 5 fresh faces at 65 minutes like in rugby.

I don't have 50 years, just the 40.
Cityitis shouldn't be making an appearance these days - we all have to accept that for the stature of the club we've become.
But at the same time there are some right entitled fuckers on here. We're not quite right currently, so pull together and support the club TOP to BOTTOM - most importantly ALL the players who pull on the shirt.
One million per cent agree about the last paragraph there. We are not entitled to win but we should be behind those lads in a City shirt all the way.
Just as we always were back when we had nothing but our sense of pride/family because we are Blue.

Last edited:
But they are not shit and with their forwards they are scoring goals like we used to . If this carry’s on which looks likely then we won’t be in a title race but tbh we cannot win it every year with the same players because you. Cannot keep going to the well year in year out as in the end it dries up.
They are shit though. They and arsenal won’t hold on and we are playing like booty juice and only at max down 6 points. Just need to sort it out. Last year we were down by way more to arsenal late and managed to prevail. I’m not panicking just very disappointed in this teams lack of composure

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.