Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Personally I would drop Walker and Gvardiol and play Akanji, Stones, Ruben and Ake as the back 4. That worked for us last season.

We have a fundamental problem with our midfield. The loss of Gundo, Kev’s absence, and the purchases for replacements who are far inferior, has really hurt us. Also I don’t like Bernie isolated on the right wing, as he is one player that can give us control in the middle. So I think he needs to be shifted back to the middle.

My other thoughts are that we are desperately missing the incisive play of Doku, and Alvarez needs a rest for a few games. He looks to be running on empty.

Finally, Pep needs to be far more on top of subs. Whether he was thinking about the prize money for the club world challenge, who knows. But in my opinion it was negligent not to make any subs in the final 20 minutes.

And logic comes from the current team and current form. We've just about beat a team certain for relegation in our last 5 games.
Pointless comparing the team from 7 years ago against todays , that team like the subsequent ones, had leaders out on the pitch, sadly lacking that at the moment

That is the word though.. form. Our form is bad but it will improve. Worst case scenario we are 6 points off the top with over half the season to play. 6 weeks ago we were top. Things change quickly.

They are shit though. They and arsenal won’t hold on and we are playing like booty juice and only at max down 6 points. Just need to sort it out. Last year we were down by way more to arsenal late and managed to prevail. I’m not panicking just very disappointed in this teams lack of composure
The problem as I see it is that yes, they are not amazing, but we look nothing like a team that can win 18 in a row again. Maybe KDB and Haaland coming back will change that, but at the moment, I can't see us doing it because of us, not because of our opponents. At the moment, I can see the winning team getting something like 82 points and us still not managing to beat them.

Maybe I'm making the cardinal sin of writing off City, but it just feels different to me this time.

That result could cost us the league, a massive two points dropped. Palace were shite, should have been 5-0.

Didn't seem to be any urgency in our play, been like this since October.
Palace were poor. We have to want it more.. plus having this World Club Cup is causing a little bit of a distraction in my view. Of course we want to do well in it and that is in the players' minds as well. I remember a terrible frustrating game with Brentford before the World Cup last year and some thought the whole world was caving in but it wasn't really. We really picked it up after the World Cup. I think we will do better after Christmas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.