Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

There's a drop in quality in the first team, that cannot be rectified by thier replacements

Gundogan >>> Foden
KDB >>> Alvarez
Stones >>> Lewis
Akanji >>> Walker
Ake >>> Gvardiol

Rodri was our best today, but the truth is he's not a Ferna type DM who covers a ridiculous amount of ground defending counter-attacks, he needs a partner and if Stones cant keep fit sign one (preferably Paulinha) or play Bernardo next to him.

Bringing John stones on in minute 90 when it was clear we were losing control of the game in minute 75 is criminal.
I thought Pep was taking the piss when he had Stones lined up to come on as Olise was preparing to smash home the penalty on 95 minutes. No idea what he thought that would achieve when he should have made that change when we were 2-0 up after 75 minutes.

We gave away two points' - Guardiola​

FT: Man City 2-2 Crystal Palace
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola reacts
EPACopyright: EPA
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola speaking to Match of the Day: "We gave away two points. We had a good performance. We controlled the transitions really well and made a lot of set pieces but Crystal Palace’s second goal cannot happen at this level. We took bad decisions in the 18-yard box and we were punished."

We were punished'​

74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live: "We give away two points for our mistake and what can I say? We do everything and a team that defends in the box like so, so deep. They arrive and we are punished but we have to be more calm and composed in that position. It is not the first time but it is what it is. Move forward, learn and [go to the] next one.
"It is so difficult, the physicality of them. But yeah the penalty cannot happen. It's happened so at the end in that level they punish you."

Woys view.

Our pride was stolen last week'​

91dca787-740f-4880-a8a9-f7cef262c2a2.jpg

Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live: "The masterplan was decided by the fact we had to get our best and most senior players on the pitch, because we have so many missing. It meant finding a way of getting both Ward and Clyne on the field. We did that by moving Ward in one and played with five at the back. Then we decided to take the risk on Eze. We wouldn't have done it at 2-0 and we thought at 2-1 it was worth the risk.
"Last week was specific in the way the game and any joy I thought I should have had from that game and any pride in the team performance was stolen by the way the game panned out."

Patience is the key' - Hodgson​

91dca787-740f-4880-a8a9-f7cef262c2a2.jpg

Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson speaking to Match of the Day: "Our first goal changed things really. Michael Olise was posing a few questions with his skill when he got up into that half of the field and I thought Jean-Philippe Mateta was excellent all through the game with his running and holding the ball up but of course, when you’re playing Manchester City in the form they’re in and with the quality of players they have, you’ve got to accept that patience is going to be the key.
"They’re going to have the ball a lot more than you and if you start trying to take chances and attack them too early, then they’re going to cut through you. As it happens, we got to 2-1 which gave us some hope I suppose and we then thought, we’ll take a few chances now and we will have a go at it and luckily it paid off for us."

Can’t even enjoy United getting a twatting by the scousers as much now. Ideally they’d get something out of it…

I know its been disappointing the last month or so but City fans moaning like fuck at Pep need to give their heads a fucking wobble. Won everything, given us some of the best times we've ever had. We don't deserve him after some of the shite directed at him. Talk about entitled.
That's what the rags used to say about the GPC.

Based on performances, I'd say that 23/24 Pep is a serious downgrade on 22/23 Pep.

I know its been disappointing the last month or so but City fans moaning like fuck at Pep need to give their heads a fucking wobble. Won everything, given us some of the best times we've ever had. We don't deserve him after some of the shite directed at him. Talk about entitled.

Agree but we can still critique the game the players!

Personally I think the players are mentally fatigued with amount of games played trophies won last 4/5 years!

They've put the effort in but individually making bad mistakes! Dias Walker foden at the end there with the foul for the pen!

Let's win the club World Cup and push on next year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.