Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

What really annoyed me about today was that you couldn't really say we wasted loads of chances, plus we controlled the game pretty well. Until the last few minutes that is.

Then Ederson (and he's done this before in similar situations) takes a long goalkick, which he never does normally. And of course we give possession back to Palace who attack. We then win back possession and Foden has the chance to release Bernardo, who is free in loads of space.

But he doesn't, and being as weak as a piece of wet tissue, surrenders possession.We repel that attack and Bernardo stops the ball from going out for a Palace throw. He may have been fouled but still probably should have done better although we should never have been in that situation if we'd managed those few minutes better!

We used to crush teams in the last 15-20 minutes but now, not only can we not manage games out, we seem to have developed an unerring ability to throw them away.

He HAS to be setting the world on fire? Why cant he just be an integral part of the team, which he did quite well today I thought anyway. He drove forward, scored didnt he?
I really wish BM could retain the thread in posts. My point is nobody is setting the world on fire. The stage is set, in my opinion, Jack should be taking charge. High expectations, for sure. But someone has to take the mantle.

I think we're coasting at the minute, we have several players who aren't putting a full shift in and some who are just totally out of form , I include pep in that as well. His in game management is poor, that game was crying out for changes after Palace got their first, waiting until 93 minutes to bring Stones on was fucking ridiculous. Tossing too many points away at present from good positions and Pep needs to find a way to stop this

Kova - not in our best 11 and def won’t be when kev back (kev not injured at time of signing)
Nunes - not in our best 11. Not even close.

Who is our best 11?

Don't answer that, I am being a dick.

But my point stands. You are looking at it way too black and white.

Disgusted at three things today…

Walker diving in and leaving the major gap that gets exploited - time and again, he’s playing like an 19yr old Micah Richard’s hoping his pace will recover the situation

Pep not changing his formation when it was clear the game was to be managed - Gvardiol is pushed up as a left winger when Palace were in the ascendency in the final 15 mins

The fans who left on 80mins - utter disgraceful - the game is in its final throws - we are battling to stay in front and the usual mass exodus on 80 mins… if you need to get home early - consider staying at home and letting someone who will stay to the end and help raise the team have your ticket - pathetic and complacent

Your third point is a waste of time, will always get it I’m afraid, as I commented about on here the other day it’s somert to moan at, and you are

For what it’s worth your first two points are valid though

I think we're coasting at the minute, we have several players who aren't putting a full shift in and some who are just totally out of form , I include pep in that as well. His in game management is poor, that game was crying out for changes after Palace got their first, waiting until 93 minutes to bring Stones on was fucking ridiculous. Tossing too many points away at present from good positions and Pep needs to find a way to stop this

I think some have downed tools which is more worrying than coasting or being out of form

What really annoyed me about today was that you couldn't really say we wasted loads of chances, plus we controlled the game pretty well. Until the last few minutes that is.

Then Ederson (and he's done this before in similar situations) takes a long goalkick, which he never does normally. And of course we give possession back to Palace who attack. We then win back possession and Foden has the chance to release Bernardo, who is free in loads of space.

But he doesn't, and being as weak as a piece of wet tissue, surrenders possession.We repel that attack and Bernardo stops the ball from going out for a Palace throw. He may have been fouled but still probably should have done better although we should never have been in that situation if we'd managed those few minutes better!

We used to crush teams in the last 15-20 minutes but now, not only can we not manage games out, we seem to have developed an unerring ability to throw them away.

We used to just keep the ball once 2-0 up, pass, pass, pass with the other team chasing shadows. Now we inexplicably give it away, often under little or no pressure. It's happening so often now you can see the fear and panic start to spread throughout the team and fans as we approach the last twenty minutes. The opposition smell blood and go for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.