Cyclists

Avoiding a pothole is sensible ,cyclists need to be given room, dodging on and off pavements often isn't but the likely harm to others is generally no more than a bit of scraped paint, cars kill and maim.

This is the point really people thinking these actions will generally only cause a bit of scraped paint shows how people don't think.

This is the point really people thinking these actions will generally only cause a bit of scraped paint shows how people don't think.
I am not defending people who cycle badly but the outcome to others is very rarely more serious than scraped paint. Bad motorists are a far greater menace to others.

Having drove and worked in central London many a time, all I can say is cyclists and motor cyclists there must have a death wish, especially in rush hour traffic. Weaving in and out of vehicles both stationery and moving takes balls of steel. Seen quite a few accidents as a result of impatience and stupidity from cyclists and drivers.

And there's the camera clicking tourists who think nothing of stepping into a busy road to take random photos of nothing in particular. Makes Manchester traffic seem like toy town in comparison. Got offered substantially more money to stay working in London, told them to keep it, too stressful.

Oh, I forgot to mention the overzealous traffic wardens that want to slap a ticket on your screen as soon as you try and park up.

I am not defending people who cycle badly but the outcome to others is very rarely more serious than scraped paint. Bad motorists are a far greater menace to others.

And your point is what exactly? It's a thread about cyclists not difficult as mentioned

And your point is what exactly? It's a thread about cyclists not difficult as mentioned
My point as I suggested in my first post is that people complain about cyclists and although their behaviour is probably no better or worse than people who use other modes of transport the effect of their behaviour (when its bad) on others is far less malign.

My point as I suggested in my first post is that people complain about cyclists and although their behaviour is probably no better or worse than people who use other modes of transport the effect of their behaviour (when its bad) on others is far less malign.

I get it now you are just letting people know that cars for instance are faster and heavier, I wasn't aware people needed this information gotcha. I presume we can still discuss poor cyclists in a thread about them or do we have to wait until all users of heavier vehicles are perfect?

I get it now you are just letting people know that cars for instance are faster and heavier, I wasn't aware people needed this information gotcha. I presume we can still discuss poor cyclists in a thread about them or do we have to wait until all users of heavier vehicles are perfect?
I wasn't aware that I was preventing anyone from discussing cyclists , or that drawing comparisons with other road users was not a valid part of the discussion.

I agree some motorists deserve hanging up by their bollocks although this particular thread is about cyclists the clue is in the title, I'm not sure cyclists delflecting is of much use not that this was your intention mind.

Aint geneflecting fuck all r kid, you said your pet hate is pavement jumpers and we've established the pavement jumping is fine and dandy if it happens to be a little girl cycling home late around tea time..what you dont like is a cyclists who makes the jumping look half edgy, whether it is or is'nt...forget the cycles for a minute....do the pedestrians (thousands a day) who cross any of the major intersections around piccadilly (lever street/newton street)illegally coming within inches of moving cars almost akin to a juvenile game of chicken also grind your gears or is it the same act with cogs that uniquely displeasures ya?

Last edited:
Why is it valid?
As part of most discussions I usually use context and comparison thus if talking about a footballer I might compare them with other footballers or possibly other sportsmen.
If talking about cyclists I consider it valid to do so in the context of other road users as a comparison, I wold find it strange not to do so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.