Désiré Doué - 19 Year Old French Attacking Midfielder

We have lot of hypes talents that have fallen through CFG, Marlos Moreno, Kayky?, Claudio Gomes, Thierry Ambrose, Bruno Zuculini, Nahuel Bustos, Slobodan Tedic, Diego Rosa, Mix Diskerud, Thomas Agyepong, Enock Kwakwa, Mohmmaed Abu, Daniel Arzani, David Faupala, Patrick Roberts etc
Shit, happened with Claudio ? he was highly taunted prospect when joined from PSG. Hope he is doing great at Palermo

Looking at him, I think he'd enter our squad on the level of Doku. I'm hard to impress, but this kid has seriously achieved that & then some from the clips I've seen of him. He seems the real deal & we should be all over him.
The only issue is with Oscar Bobb's opportunities next season if we did sign him but there is definitely a place for both in the squad

We have lot of hypes talents that have fallen through CFG, Marlos Moreno, Kayky?, Claudio Gomes, Thierry Ambrose, Bruno Zuculini, Nahuel Bustos, Slobodan Tedic, Diego Rosa, Mix Diskerud, Thomas Agyepong, Enock Kwakwa, Mohmmaed Abu, Daniel Arzani, David Faupala, Patrick Roberts etc
A lot of those players were €1-2m or free (RTD signings) and most of them were quite awhile ago. Rennes are not letting Doue go cheap. I imagine City would need to pay €40-50m to get him and so if they did, it would be for the first team.

Looking at him, I think he'd enter our squad on the level of Doku. I'm hard to impress, but this kid has seriously achieved that & then some from the clips I've seen of him. He seems the real deal & we should be all over him.
I agree however he does happen to play as an attacking midfielder which is A) a notoriously tough position to learn for Pep's system (any midfield spot is) and B) there isn't necessarily as much playing time available for him like there was for Doku.

Don't get me wrong I rate him pretty highly based on what I've seen but I think he'd have a tough time earning minutes in his first season under Pep. Nunes came in with premier league experience and couldn't crack the rotation in meaningful games.

Still hope we're all over him this summer window.

I agree however he does happen to play as an attacking midfielder which is A) a notoriously tough position to learn for Pep's system (any midfield spot is) and B) there isn't necessarily as much playing time available for him like there was for Doku.

Don't get me wrong I rate him pretty highly based on what I've seen but I think he'd have a tough time earning minutes in his first season under Pep. Nunes came in with premier league experience and couldn't crack the rotation in meaningful games.

Still hope we're all over him this summer window.
Mate, I've never rated Nunes & was shocked we went in for him. I've seen nothing since to change my mind, however Doué looks different gravy to Matheus.

Wolves fans didn't rate Nunes either, & were creaming themselves when they got £55m for him. For his limited PL experience, he still couldn’t get a game for us even when we were desperate for reinforcements in Rodri's absence.

Doué looks like he can do everything Nunes can & a shit load more, plus he's only 18 with far more scope to develop. Alas I don't see a similar scope for improvement with Nunes.

Doué displays the skills & energy which are transferable across the midfield & forward lines. He's a serious prospect whom I believe would be a huge success at the Etihad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.