Daily Horse Racing \ Tipping thread

I got a tip for Wild West wind 3.05 @ Kelso, it's a good price it may go in.
If anyone tells me they have a tip for a horse I just stick my fingers in my ears and jump up and down singing Bluemoon so I can’t hear what they are saying. Tips don’t reach the general public and professional punters who have access to information just don’t share it.

If anyone tells me they have a tip for a horse I just stick my fingers in my ears and jump up and down singing Bluemoon so I can’t hear what they are saying. Tips don’t reach the general public and professional punters who have access to information just don’t share it.

I'm not too sure about that,I've been given a few over the years,ok a few have not won like,but a few have,so I'm all ears when it comes to tips

I'm not too sure about that,I've been given a few over the years,ok a few have not won like,but a few have,so I'm all ears when it comes to tips
There are some good judges out there, RCing Post, Timeform, etc and you can certainly listen to them, however these are usually “fancies” based on knowledge and data. Tips that come direct from a Stable are usually kept under wraps. If you want to read about a gambling stable, The Coup by an ex trainer Ken Payne is a brilliant insight and a great read. It’s on Amazon for £2.78. It’s old school gambling but shows some stunts that have been pulled. The SureThing by Nick Townsend about legendary punter and trainer Barney Curley is also worth a read.

There are some good judges out there, RCing Post, Timeform, etc and you can certainly listen to them, however these are usually “fancies” based on knowledge and data. Tips that come direct from a Stable are usually kept under wraps. If you want to read about a gambling stable, The Coup by an ex trainer Ken Payne is a brilliant insight and a great read. It’s on Amazon for £2.78. It’s old school gambling but shows some stunts that have been pulled. The SureThing by Nick Townsend about legendary punter and trainer Barney Curley is also worth a read.

Might treat myself to that book for xmas.I mean don't get me wrong I know it's bent the whole game,but a few whispers I've had have landed.

I don't back horses too heavy these days,used to,but it is a case of being in the know,but I generally stuck with a few that won for whenever they were out,some names made me do it as well,Aguerrrooo for instance went on a massive winning streak a few years back,and De Bruyne horse was another.

Might treat myself to that book for xmas.I mean don't get me wrong I know it's bent the whole game,but a few whispers I've had have landed.

I don't back horses too heavy these days,used to,but it is a case of being in the know,but I generally stuck with a few that won for whenever they were out,some names made me do it as well,Aguerrrooo for instance went on a massive winning streak a few years back,and De Bruyne horse was another.
Like you I’ve had some success but I’m pretty sure I’m down on my gambling over the years. I used to follow Racing avidly and owned a greyhound at Belle Vue called Rathlure Steamer, he won loads of A2 - A4 races and an inter track race at Norton Canes in 1990 where I had my biggest ever bet, £195 at 12/1 (finished 8/1) and just held on, the trainer, told me to back him and as was customary put “£20” on for him as well.

Get the book, it’s good entertainment, bit of everything from gambling, shagging, breaking the rules, it’s very good, I read it about 40 years ago but I’m going to dig it out tonight and re read.

Don’t often bet on the gee gees but usually have a flutter on Boxing Day at Kempton. You would be well advised to steer well clear of these

12:50 mister fisher
1:55 bags groove
2:30 buveur daire (ridiculously short price)
3:05 native river (King George wide open, any of 6 could win it)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.