Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
34 and last year of his contract. Shouldn't cost more than a few million. Still probably a top 3 fullback in the world.

Going from Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy, and Kolarov to Alves, Walker, Mendy, and Bertrand without making another signing alone would probably close the gap between us and Chelsea, such is how poor they all were last season.

I'd have Alves as 1 of 2 RBs we sign this summer. I agree with Stefan's season end review on the 93:20 pod that we need more elite/winning menalities in the dressing room and on the pitch. He's a veteran with a big personality and most importantly, he's a winner. He's older (34, I think) but he shown he can still compete at the highest level, so its not a risk to give him a 1 year deal, maybe option for 2nd year, imo.

I would not be the least surprised if we went for Alves.

Even on a two year deal he looks like he can hack it at his age.

The man is a wonderful footballer.

"I didn't realise until about five years ago that Manchester had two teams,' said Alves. 'Of course Manchester United have been one of the most famous and successful clubs in Europe for many years - but I thought they were the only one."

Never forgetting that quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.