Daniel Agger (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Agger Bid

I actually don't really want Agger to sign for us.

Firstly, the price is beginning to look very steep. We have Lescott and Kompany, best pairing in the league, its back-up we need. We shouldn't be paying £25 million for back-up.

Secondly, Karim Rekik. Agger is a left footed centre back, Lescott is a left footed centre back, he will get no gametime whatsoever. For the next few seasons. Personally I think he's one of the best young CBs in the world. He looks class to me, the young player I expect to go furthest. In 5 years he could be one of the world's best centre backs, in my opinion. I'm not saying to throw him in this season, but he should get a little game time, next season (2013-14) he should be getting blended in. It seems logical that he would replace Lescott, the ages match almost pefectly for this. I just think Agger coming would major disrupt Rekik's route to the first team.

I rate Agger, he's in the top 5 centre backs in the league, but I'd rather we went for someone else. We need a centre back, for back-up. I don't think Lescott should be replaced. Right footed too. Come on city, buy a centre back, just not Agger!

Was all for signing Agger at £13m... they can fuck off for £27m.

I really would rather not bother with this one than give Liverpool a huge cheque to rebuild their team.

I've a sneaky feeling that this deal will go through AFTER we play at Liverpoool.

So he just got a ynwa tattoo on his fingers before moving to City. Typical...

M18CTID said:
newtonheathdave said:
blue underpants said:
I agree weve had apiss poor summer transfer window as champions we should be building on our sucsess not sitting back on our laurels cause believe me everybody is waiting to pounce on any sign of weakness.
If it all goes tits up this season Marwood should be strung up by his knackers on one of those supports that hold the stadium roof up FFPor not

I take the opposite view. IMO buying no one is a positive move. Who are these players that could really improve us? This close season there is a shortage of top quality players available. By all accounts hazard was the one young gem who we could have got but we took the wise decision and were not taken for a ride
Now I like DDR and I like RVP but they are getting on. Both would add a little quality but these kind of signings stink of when Chelsea bought Shevchenko and Ballack.

Now surely it is better to keep the pennies in the bank? Let Chelsea and PSG spend shit loads of money on decent but not the elite players. Let them test the water in regards to FFP. Over the next 12 months opportunities may arise for other players to come to prominence. Next year Wilshire may want to leave for example, Higuain may fancy a move etc. It would put us in a great position as we may have a clear run at a better quality player than what is available today,

No point just chucking money away unless it strengthens us. IMO we still have the best squad in England. Natural progression should see us improve anyway. if we don't win a trophy this upcoming season, so what? Since when has being a City fan ever been all about winning stuff?

Alright Dave, how's it going mate? Good to see you back posting on here. I sacked off posting on Red Cafe as I don't think I could've held my tongue as well as you if I'd gotten promoted and having to deal with the likes of Cuntanoid lol.

I agree that we don't need to make wholesale changes to the squad but I think even the best teams need freshening up each season with at least one new signing, otherwise there's a danger of standing still for too long. For all those trophies United have won in the past 20-odd years I can't recall many, if any, close seasons where they didn't make a new signing. In our case the key area is another CB. I've no real issues with Kompany and Lescott of course but Kolo seems past his best and although I still have faith in Savic coming good eventually, I think he's still a long way off being the finished article. With this in mind, I think Agger would be a great addition but he obviously isn't going to come cheap especially as Liverpool don't really want to sell him. I can't blame them for supposedly wanting at least £22 million for him but unlike when we signed Lescott, we now have far bigger bargaining power in the form of being champions and hence not quite so desperate to strengthen the squad so if we feel someone is taking the piss on the asking price we're far more likely to walk away.

Ezzee fella. A, not too bad. Hope your well anyway :-)

You should have been promoted. The reason then would not do is because you would run rings round them. For all the shit on there though, it is still a good forum. I can bite my tougue as you know you are in the right when they start with the personal abuse.

I agree with what you say about the freshening up but my post was more in reply to the crying going on in the transfer forum and the abuse dished out because so and so would sign at a certain time and then it did not materialise.

Like you probably, my only concern for next season is complacency.

pudge said:
Bilboblue said:
pudge said:
No, it doesn't look fake.

It does to me.

Poor judgement from a professional footballer if it is real.
Why does it have to Liverpool related?

Maybe he likes/appreciates the saying? It looks as fake as Sergio's tattoos.

Anyone remember the Torres tattoo which he had done at atletico but Liverpool fans claim he got it the day he moved to Liverpool

Vincent is a brave brave boy but with his latest backtracking is staring at the abyss if this 'friday' stuff is wrong...........

money-graphics-2007_877220a.jpg

Hope you don't lose your grip bud.

Re: Agger announcement

LHarper said:
mcfc2607 said:
LHarper said:
So 'apparently' (not seen the pictures myself), Agger has had YNWA tattooed on his fingers recently.

Anyone got any pictures or proof?
<a class="postlink" href="http://twitpic.com/ah2z5g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitpic.com/ah2z5g</a>

Cheers. Doesn't look 100% realistic to me, however.

tevez has love and hate, apparently

Agger announcement

LHarper said:
mcfc2607 said:
LHarper said:
So 'apparently' (not seen the pictures myself), Agger has had YNWA tattooed on his fingers recently.

Anyone got any pictures or proof?
<a class="postlink" href="http://twitpic.com/ah2z5g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitpic.com/ah2z5g</a>

Cheers. Doesn't look 100% realistic to me, however.

It stands for "you naive, workshy arseholes" - I think it's Aggers's way of telling the Anfield faithful he's leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.