Daniel Sturridge

Feed-The-Goat said:
He can fuck off, greedy ****, he aint fit to clean Agueros boots, nor Marios, Edins or Tevez's for that matter.

Fuck him.

Apart from the bits in blue I agree lol.

He does have a ability and there's probably time still for him to fulfil his potential but agree that he is not better than our existing strikers and I feel that we should be getting upgrades if we make changes there.

He shouldn't have been allowed to leave but he did and going back rarely seems to be a good move.

got him on the back of my shirt when he was 16, if he wants to come back and be more than welcome bobby will turn him onto an absolote worldy trust me.x

I think if he was okay with, and had his mind set on playing as a right winger, he'd be one heck of a player. He's got the pace and is a good finisher. BUT, as pointed out above; he himself apparently feels he should play as a central striker, banging in all the goals. Not going to happen here with us.

As an assist-making winger scoring the occasional goal I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
He is originally one of us you know.

for all the anti-Sturridge brigade please remember that the boss never believed that he should have gone in the first place (see any Mancini interview on the subject) and if Roberto believes he can tame Daniel's ego then I for one will support that decision.

Putting the fact that he is a prick aside, he isn't an improvement on what we have.

mcfc1996 said:
Putting the fact that he is a prick aside, he isn't an improvement on what we have.

You think AJ is a better player than Daniel? Just wondering... I don't by the way. I don't see AJ getting any better but see a lot of potential with Daniel.

Matt the Giant said:
mcfc1996 said:

You think AJ is a better player than Daniel? Just wondering... I don't by the way. I don't see AJ getting any better but see a lot of potential with Daniel.

I'd have AJ everytime over Sturridge. And each of our current 4 strikers are better than him.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
He's cheap enough and young enough to be considered an ideal target for United as well as City IMO.

Oh, he's cheap AND young?! Well, that's it then - bring him in!

Sturridge played on the right as a favour to AvB for this season, they decided it would add to his game & AvB used Sturridge this year, waiting to buy Hulk for next year, where AvB planned to use Torres & Sturridge as the forward options.

Sturridge was our best attacking player 1st half of the season when he didn't have to defend. All he had to do was stay up the pitch and pressure the full back more often than not.

That was the strategy.

As the season went on and we were doing shit, Sturridge was asked less to be a wide striker and more to track back.

When Di Matteo came in he was basically asked to play as a side midfielder like Kalou & Ramires played. Basically box-to-box players.

Those are the main reasons his form dipped.
Uber-talented beyond belief for an English player. Great talent, could have played more if he showed more commitment to tracking back. In the near future, he'll compete for the EPL top scorer, but, also waste a lot of chances whilst doing it, he was never clinical, just always works the keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.