Dave Watson's bullet header v Ipswich, April 1977

Remember it well. I was in the Kippax corner, next to the North Stand, could usually grab a good view from there, being a vertically challenged teenager. Great team that, should have gone on to win the League. Wouldn't mind seeing Dave Watson and Vinnie as a central defensive pairing.

liscal said:
Remember it well. I was in the Kippax corner, next to the North Stand, could usually grab a good view from there, being a vertically challenged teenager. Great team that, should have gone on to win the League. Wouldn't mind seeing Dave Watson and Vinnie as a central defensive pairing.

I was in the same area too. One of my favourite ever City goals, not sure why, possibly the 'last minute' thingy that we've suddenly found again after 35 years... and because DW was my favourite player. Absolute beast of a man.

Thanks for the clip, what great memories, some of my fav players, Corrigan, Watson, Barnes, Hartford, Owen and Royal & Kidd up front.

Do I remember Watson scoring a header for England from somewhere near the Half way line....

That was such a gay top.

A silk electric light blue number.

sparky1 said:
Just before the end you can hear the old chant to the tune of "those were the days my friend"
canged to we're gonna win the league , were gonna win the league. we're gonna win the league......

Can't remember the sequence of matches cos it was such a long time ago but that season ended with a 1-0 win away at Coventry and we ended up as runners up (not joint winners).

We played at Anfield the following Saturday (Easter weekend) and lost 2-1, a result which in reality pretty much ended our title challenge. The other thing that really cost us that season was losing twice to a rags team that weren't even in contention for the title, I think they finished 5th or 6th.

Great to see that header again, I was in the North stand, block S, had a great view of it.

lancs blue said:
sparky1 said:
Just before the end you can hear the old chant to the tune of "those were the days my friend"
canged to we're gonna win the league , were gonna win the league. we're gonna win the league......

Can't remember the sequence of matches cos it was such a long time ago but that season ended with a 1-0 win away at Coventry and we ended up as runners up (not joint winners).

We played at Anfield the following Saturday (Easter weekend) and lost 2-1, a result which in reality pretty much ended our title challenge. The other thing that really cost us that season was losing twice to a rags team that weren't even in contention for the title, I think they finished 5th or 6th.

Great to see that header again, I was in the North stand, block S, had a great view of it.
I was at ipswich game and went to Liverpool as well loads of blues locked out i remember Keegan was brilliant that day for Liverpool.

dave watson and the headers, more powerful than some players right boot !

he once scored similart for england .. Also cant remember who it was against but he got a header in virtually from edge of penalty area in line with penalty spot, that was my favourite.. One tough guy he was...

13 yrs old, Block N, Row 10, seats1, right behind that goal. Almost get to see my young self!

Brilliant goal! Will never forget the noise it made when it went in. Doubt I will ever see a header hit that hard! Dave Watson was a good looking guy before he headed that....THAT is how hard he hit it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.