David Beckham

By all accounts, he's a decent family man (if you ignore Rebecca Loos), but I'm sorry. I just can't warm to him, or that wife of his.

And yes; I'm sure they couldn't give a flying whatever what I think of them.

I watched the Beckham documentary, whilst trying to have an open mind....20 years ago. Thought he was great for England, couldn't stand the rags, and I wasn't a huge fan of Posh.

The documentary changed a few thoughts for me...
Posh actually comes out of it pretty well, in that she doesn't appear to he the stuck up bugger I thought she was, and basically followed her husband round the world trying to find schools for the kids.....albeit living a very luxurious life.

Beckham....wasn't as good as I remember, and once he left the rags, he was pretty unsuccessful despite the magnitude of the teams he played for. I even remember the free kick v Greece, was after 7 or 8 failed attempts...however he stood up when needed.
Clearly has OCD which he has struggled to deal with, and the late drives to see Posh, were obsessive to say the least.
The abuse he got after being sent off was beyond crazy, nobody should go through that, and probably lucky it was before social media took off ...although maybe all of the crap would have been over quicker....

That said, he doesn't come over as a bad sort as such...although the editing may be advantageous.... fair play, he didn't half maximise the Beckham brand.

It was a 5/10 for me...

Last edited:
Rag ****. Nowhere near as good as he or Rag fans think he was.

I remember when we got took over a lot of fans wanted the twat here. No thanks

Rag ****. Nowhere near as good as he or Rag fans think he was.

I remember when we got took over a lot of fans wanted the twat here. No thanks
Pretty sure he wouldn’t have come here even if he’d been offered the biggest wages in history.
He knew his association with those cunts was going to see him through the next couple of decades.
He’s one of the first footballers of the new generation (1992-) that was self aware enough to sell himself. I’ve no issues with that tbh but there needs to be an honesty about it.
Met him a few times in the early 2000s through mutual friends and he was nice enough, bit of a wet blanket but fair fucks to him for forging the life he has.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.