David Luiz

Joga Bonito said:
The thing that many of you don't understand is that he is not what your opinion of a "typical Brasilian" is (even though that is a stjupid assumption based solely on Robinho's performances for us). He is a talented CB who is comfortable with the ball (and has been used as a LB, though incorrectly, by his manager at Benfica) and is the future of Brasil's defence alongside Thiago Silva. By no means a perfect player, although after his breakthrough season is beginning to look like someone special. Not as commanding as someone as say Lucio, but has all the potential to be just as effective.

Not sure if replacing Kolo with DL is the right choice midway through the season, but there is no question whether or not he will succeed here.

Maybe bob plans on doing what fergie did with vidic and phasing him in. The season for benfica hasn't lived up to the expectations so maybe david has decided the 6 months at city ahead of what will be a big year next year is the better option for him. He has 6 months to get used to the team and get to know the squad, city have a CB to push kolo and kompany and a young star settling in and benfica have the money to clear some debts and invest a little in the squad. All three parties are happy.

If we get an injury at the minute i'm not overly confident in lescott or boyata coming in for a long period of time

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1342185/Mario-Balotelli-learn-Cristiano-Ronaldo-says-Roberto-Mancini.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ncini.html</a>
seems mancini intrested in him and dzeko

Joga Bonito said:
The thing that many of you don't understand is that he is not what your opinion of a "typical Brasilian" is (even though that is a stjupid assumption based solely on Robinho's performances for us). He is a talented CB who is comfortable with the ball (and has been used as a LB, though incorrectly, by his manager at Benfica) and is the future of Brasil's defence alongside Thiago Silva. By no means a perfect player, although after his breakthrough season is beginning to look like someone special. Not as commanding as someone as say Lucio, but has all the potential to be just as effective.

Not sure if replacing Kolo with DL is the right choice midway through the season, but there is no question whether or not he will succeed here.

I'll be honest here and base my assumption on what people in Italy, Spain and England say about Brazilians, with the exception of a handful.

You will get one season out of them, by that time they have found the best discos, they have earnt and lost their money and are moaning to move on to get a large wedge. The most tempermantal and hissy fit divas going.

If you want to build something, fuck them off.

Funny how all the countries have the same opinion.

That my friend is the "typical Brazilian".

Before you moan and pull out about 6 players, like i said, except for a handful.

he will not flat-out replace Kolo midseason. He'll get blooded in just like Roberto has done with everyone else. Remember not even Silva started every game from the beginning.By next season he'd probably be ingrained as the regular starter.

You'll all have to forgive me if I don't lump him into a "he won't do well in England/Manchester because Robinho etc didn't". It's hard to play that stereotype when England has had only so many players from a country that has a population of nearly 200 million. Come on now.

Could see this one dragging out throughout January as we aren't necessarily hurting for CBs at the moment. Hopefully if this indeed goes through we can find a nice 6-month loan for Boyata.

cityboy1 said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1342185/Mario-Balotelli-learn-Cristiano-Ronaldo-says-Roberto-Mancini.html
seems mancini intrested in him and dzeko

all the english reporters jumping on an interview from gazzetta. iteresting comments and arms lenght statements about who we are interested in. Also nice way to big up Balo with comparisons to tranny while admitting some issues are there. Bob is a charmer with the press.

Andouble said:
he will not flat-out replace Kolo midseason. He'll get blooded in just like Roberto has done with everyone else. Remember not even Silva started every game from the beginning.By next season he'd probably be ingrained as the regular starter.

You'll all have to forgive me if I don't lump him into a "he won't do well in England/Manchester because Robinho etc didn't". It's hard to play that stereotype when England has had only so many players from a country that has a population of nearly 200 million. Come on now.

Could see this one dragging out throughout January as we aren't necessarily hurting for CBs at the moment. Hopefully if this indeed goes through we can find a nice 6-month loan for Boyata.
Even if it doesn't go thru. We really need to get Boyatta out there on loan. He is better than half the CD's in the league right now. Someone could sure use him. Wigan or something.

Could this be a record smallest thread on a player we sign?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.