David Silva leaves City after 10 years

David Silva is one of the best midfielders to ever grace the league. When he arrived from Valencia, they said he would struggle with the physical side of the Premier League but he showed that you don't need to be a 6ft brute to survive in the league. He changed what was expected of a midfielder and will be a massive miss, such a shame he can't stay for another season.

I can't see Foden playing every game next season so a replacement will be needed or someone else will need to step up.

Crazy to think he was only 25m, absolute bargain

Spoken to David today at length thought I would give him some time to reflect on Sunday. A few of you have mentioned about you having a lump in your throat when he was subbed, thought you'd like to know he did too. He's not an emotional guy so for him to admit that says it all to me. He has loved his time here, loves Manchester & loves us - City & the fans. I could just tell he was upset walking off.

Tired of people stating he was one of the best ever midfield players in the Premier league or the best import or the best Spanish player , he is the best midfield player EVER and he did it for a decade or more , also taking into account that trying period when his son was fighting for his life and he still played and performed for the team , not only is he a magician he's an inspiraton to any young aspiring footballers.
If Phil Foden turns out anywhere near Merlin's level , we will be in dreamland.

Seems like he's quite likely to go to Lazio if the Italian press is to be believed.

I think I'd quite like that. Lazio are kind of the 2nd best side in Italy, in the Champions League again. Italy is a bit slower, bit more space, they have a winter break which would be good for him.

Could win a few trophies and see out his golden years still playing in sky blue.

Rome's not bad either.

Spoken to David today at length thought I would give him some time to reflect on Sunday. A few of you have mentioned about you having a lump in your throat when he was subbed, thought you'd like to know he did too. He's not an emotional guy so for him to admit that says it all to me. He has loved his time here, loves Manchester & loves us - City & the fans. I could just tell he was upset walking off.
A honest question.....Would David have wanted a full house giving him an emotional standing ovation? I say that because he strikes me as a man who doesn't like fuss and attention, and just maybe it was the ending he wanted (apart from lifting the Champions League trophy in his final game for us)

A honest question.....Would David have wanted a full house giving him an emotional standing ovation? I say that because he strikes me as a man who doesn't like fuss and attention, and just maybe it was the ending he wanted (apart from lifting the Champions League trophy in his final game for us)
It was quite fitting. He is very shy. Simply just wants to play football and go straight home to family and friends. The opposite of a media darling

Seems like he's quite likely to go to Lazio if the Italian press is to be believed.

I think I'd quite like that. Lazio are kind of the 2nd best side in Italy, in the Champions League again. Italy is a bit slower, bit more space, they have a winter break which would be good for him.

Could win a few trophies and see out his golden years still playing in sky blue.

Rome's not bad either.
I would rather he goes home to Spain and plays where he is comfortable and near home,italy media want half our team

Igli Tare on signing David Silva: "I don't know where these things are born. I learned from friends in common that he'd like a different experience than the English one of the past ten years, but between saying and doing there's an ocean.

I would rather he goes home to Spain and plays where he is comfortable and near home,italy media want half our team

Igli Tare on signing David Silva: "I don't know where these things are born. I learned from friends in common that he'd like a different experience than the English one of the past ten years, but between saying and doing there's an ocean.

He's not going to play for Las Palmas, his boyhood club, so I'm not bothered by Spain. I'd much rather still get to see him in the CL, and challenging for more trophies with a club like Lazio - maybe even see him return to the Eithad for a hero's welcome.

Ultimately I'll watch him wherever he goes, but it'd be nice to see him do a little grand tour and enchant another fanbase, another country.

And the style of Serie A will definitely suit him, the pace is slower, the gaps are bigger, the ball spends much longer in midfield. He will have a field day.

I noticed Tare didn't deny having dinner with him.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.